Nano fish in a 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingtrees

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am curious if anyone has any insight or experience keeping nano fish with larger community fish?

I am wondering if something like small rasboras would work? I would do a big group of 20 or so. If not I will maybe do a small group or checker barbs.

Currently has 8 dwarf neon rainbows, 12 pygmy multibanded loaches an apistogramma a bristlenose pleco and a mystery snail.
Thanks!

None of your current stock gets too big or aggressive, that I know of. (I haven’t kept these species so someone feel free to correct me if I’m wrong!)

I’m doing the same thing as soon as my new fish spend some time in quarantine. But I’m going with about 20 rummy nose tetras being added to a 55 with small schools of glo tetras and tiger barbs.

it’s all about the mouth size and what you mean by nano fish. If you choose something bite size to one of your existing fish there’s likely to be issues

I have bosemani rainbow fish in with their juveniles (not fry) and some galaxy rasboras, no issues whatsoever on aggression or stress.
Biggest thing to remember is to keep peaceful fish with other peaceful fish Also if you go bigger fish make sure they are either 5x the size so they dont see the smaller fish as food or small enough they can fit the other fish in their mouth.

Nice! That is what I was hoping to hear. It's the gregariousness of the rainbows I worry about. They aren't aggressive but are voracious eaters!

I've narrowed it down (FOR NOW) to glowlight Danios, green neon tetras and harlequin rasboras.

Back
Top Bottom