Need a tough hair-algae eating tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 125 fowlr with 2 triggers, a black volitan, 2 damsels....i am gonna be gettinng a tang and need some suggestions to control algae

Kole tang 100%. Mine nips at the rocks and glass very often in search of algae. I don't have any hair algae so I have to give it seaweed and such.

Its hit or miss with tangs..My purple munched on mine when i had some in there..Its been well over a year since i had any though

Ive got a healthy amount of it that I want gone and im gettin a tang anyways lol. Thanks for the suggestion

I'd stay away from the kole ..Only because its a peaceful, timid tang,may not fare well with your triggers..My purple takes no stuff from my triggers ,and they are one of the most aggressive tangs..Which is what you'll probably want with 2 triggers.

FTMMWS said:
I'd stay away from the kole ..Only because its a peaceful, timid tang,may not fare well with your triggers..My purple takes no stuff from my triggers ,and they are one of the most aggressive tangs..Which is what you'll probably want with 2 triggers.

I agree with that. My kole is sometimes bullied by my yellow tang.

I have a bunch of Hair algea and my purple tang wont touch it!

But I think its because I feed him seaweed, He's like a Parana with that stuff! Attack!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom