need help! fish dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
What have you got? .5ppm won't really harm anything. If it gets higher you've got a problem. You can do a water change but the % of the medication removed will have to be replaced.

That's what i did earlier and even added salt. I have no peas either to help with its bloating probs.

In respect to water changes with this med, you will want to do them around the same time every day so the med is in the water for a full 24hrs at time. Then redose meds for the next 24hrs. You can try feeding crushed, deshelled peas as well as an epsom salt bath. Epsom salts are in food or drugstore. Mix 1 tsp per gallon of temp-matched, treated water. Add the fish & watch closely. If he starts to roll/flip over, remove him immediately back to the tank. Leave him there for @15mins if all is ok & then return him to the tank. Epsom salts work as a natural laxative & help to relieve fluid retention. Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I'm doing everything I can till I can go to the store in the morning. I don't think the neon is gonna make it:(

I feel soo horrible:( can't do anything but watch it slowly die :/ I feel bad

Well I guess my only survivors were the red minor tetra, 2 neon tetras, and a glow light tetra..wow.

This thread made me so sad... I feel so badly for you and your fish. I'm sure it has been very hard on you.

Hang in there. You worked very hard to help them and that is all you can do.

I too have a 36 gallon bow front - it really showcases the fish well - I'm sure they looked lovely - focus on what you have left and we can only take these episodes and try to learn something from them. I guess??? {{sigh}}

Sorry for all your heartache!

Janelle

Thanks everyone for all your help and support. I'll stock up again whenever all this passes through, wish I could've saved em but glad I saved some

Back
Top Bottom