Need help plant not looking so healthy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might work but I'm a preacher for seachem products. If I was dosing dry salts for low light is go with PPS pro and buy the salts seperate. Kno3, kh2po4, mgso4 etc

Also vals are sensitive to glut in excel so you might need to find another carbon dosed that doesn't contain glut

But wouldn't seachem product be expensive for a low light setup like you said?
Is there not one product that would dose everything or no?

Also with the light and setup I have got do you think hottonia palustris and crinum would grow?

Thanks

Seachem products are more expensive than dry but on a tank that size with plant mass you have they will last a long time (500ml bottles). I use seachem they work fine. Still using product from when I set tank up in August. They also have quite a bit of programs on the web site you can use as a guide if your new to using macro and micro.

Is there one that does it all? Not really. They gotta make money. You can buy the macro individualy with higher AI. Or buy comprensive. They offer a full line of products. I think my tank has done well with comp, trace, fe, and potassium.

But wouldn't seachem product be expensive for a low light setup like you said?
Is there not one product that would dose everything or no?

Also with the light and setup I have got do you think hottonia palustris and crinum would grow?

Thanks

As Flchamp said your dosing would be very low so it will last ages.

You don't want an all in 1 because you might need more of 1 and less of the other to get the balance in the tank.

I'm not familiar with those plants sorry so I couldn't say

Seachem products are more expensive than dry but on a tank that size with plant mass you have they will last a long time (500ml bottles). I use seachem they work fine. Still using product from when I set tank up in August. They also have quite a bit of programs on the web site you can use as a guide if your new to using macro and micro.

Is there one that does it all? Not really. They gotta make money. You can buy the macro individualy with higher AI. Or buy comprensive. They offer a full line of products. I think my tank has done well with comp, trace, fe, and potassium.

Ok thank you! The thing is I don't just have 1 Amazon sword I have about 3 but I have trimmed them down a lot as the leaves were turning yellow. And I also have about 2-3 jungle vals and a crinum!
I will have a look at seachem then! Would products do you suggest I need for my tank?
And also what is comprensive? Is that a seachem product as well? What do contain?

Have you had any experience of growing the crinum plant? I don't seem to be getting very good growth has remained pretty short still!

Also could someone tell me who I would go about calculating how much watt per litre I have with my lights?

Thanks

Swords will appreciate a root tab. Flourish comprehensive contains a blend of macros and micros. Does have NPK just at lower rates than there individual bottles. I use comp, trace, fe, potassium, and excel in my program. It would benefit you to visit their site and to learn a little bit about macro and micros if your committed to the hobby. I have never grown aquatic crinum so I can't help you there.

Ok thanks so are you saying that the Amazon sword won't benefit from dosing seachem?
Or would if absorb nutrients from the wafer column as well?

Also could you tell me who I would go about calculating how much watt per litre I have with my lights?

They will take in some product through water but are know to be heavy root feeders. Big root systems as they develop.

Watts per gallon is an old school approach. Not that it is not useful. Research PAR levels for aquatic plants.

I will probably order some seachem today then
To start off with would you recommend getting comprensive and trace?

I had a look at PAR but don't understand it
Also with my light set up what kind of set up is it?
And is there anyway I can increase my light out by changing the bulbs in the tank?
As my lights are fitted under the hood

ok thank you
the lights are 2 x 30 watt daylight deluxe tubes

its a 200 litre tank and for K rating im not sure i dont think it says on the tube :/

Post in the equipment section may need to get some pictures. Be hard to recommend a tube not knowing what kind you need.

Have you considered leds?

Here is a picture of one of the bulbs will try to get a better one if I can

How would I get LEDs if the lights are in a hood?

The best thing I can say is if you can take the bulb out and take to lfs. May be a proprietary bulb to hood.
What kind of tank is this?

Take the bulb and do what?

It's a fluval tank can't remember exactly what the name is

I was assuming it was older and you may have difficulties finding one if it proprietary. But it you can take bulb to hardware or lfs maybe you find something.

If your not happy with it. If it were me id look at going to an led fixture. Finnex, current, fluval or beamswork

I'll try and have a look this weekend if I can

Is there any way you could let me what kind of light setup I have currently?

Back
Top Bottom