Need Ideas!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tipton34

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have built a 70 gallon and 100 gallon aquariums. The 70 will sit above the 100 and it will over lap by a foot. I have made them where a waterfall from the 70 would flow into the 100. However, that means both tanks either have to be all fresh, brackish, or salt. I would like a brackish tank but not both of them. But im not sure. What are yalls opinions????? They can either be two tanks that run into each other or two totally separate tanks

I didn't think about that! I was wanting like a two scened thing. Like one is a freshwater and the other is a brackish. Or make them both fresh and one be like an driftwood with community fish and the other something else. Any thing on that?

how about an african cichlid tank above/below a nice calm,peaceful tropical community? that would work fine as long as you put a net so they couldnt go tank to tank

Ya I'm thinking along that line, like a predator tank and community tank. But I've already done chichilids! I really like freshwater barracuda or something like that

That's a really cool idea! I'd avoid any sort of high tech planted setup however since the waterfall (while amazingly cool and a good aeration source) would remove any excess Co2. If you don't want another cichlid tank you could do one tank as a high current riverbed setup and the other as a normal community setup.

Ya I'm thinking along that line, like a predator tank and community tank. But I've already done chichilids! I really like freshwater barracuda or something like that
not sure,but i think freshwater barracudas get BIG. maybe a smaller snake head if you can get them,or pirhannas

Hujeta's are close to FW barracuda's. I think they get up in the 8-9" range if I remember correctly. They would be a good candidate.

I'd recommend a red wolf fish though. They stay under 10" and are fairly active.

Thanks, my girlfriend may talk me into piranhas! But it will be awhile I was testing my aquarium and it cracked today. I think it was because it was sitting on a hot wood deck and I put cold water in it! Stupid me

Back
Top Bottom