Need some advice on ideas for a new 2.5 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so sorry, didn't see your response until now. It's Natural Planted Tank, Walstad, El Natural. Organic soil capped with sand or gravel. Lots of live plants, both rooted and floating. Animals to feed and produce waste. No artificial light, no heater, no filter, no fertilizers. Only chemical used is a dechlorinator.

Would Stargrass, flame moss, and anubias petite be good plants for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also how big does a crypt wendetti green get?

And what's the best background plant? I ordered everything except he plants and fish today. I still need to go to my LFS and get the rocks

Jungle val is a good back ground plant. I heard it can melt with high dose of liquid CO2

Sent from my 710C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Flame moss and anubias are good plants.

Jungle val is a good back ground plant. I heard it can melt with high dose of liquid CO2

I've got Italian Val so I'll throw some of that in!

Awesome! Let me know how does the Italian Val do.

Ok! I'll keep updates on here :)

What substrate are you going to use

I'm starting to get packages now! Should have everything in a few days. Setting it up during spring break (next week) while I have lots of spare time.

Im so excited :D you better upload lots of pictures :p

I definatly will! I'm checked Amazon tracking things and I'm getting everything except the heater today. The heater should be here in a week! I also have to go to my LFS to get stones and I need to order plants on here. Time to make a wanted ad!

I'm out of town, finally getting caught up on posts. Glad to hear you'll be starting the tank, looking forward to pics (y)

I decided to goth with star repens as a carpet because I have it on hand and the way it's setup a moss carpet wouldn't work anymore. I also added a little bit of dwarf sag, and I'm getting Stargrass on Monday! I'll post a pic of the tank once the cloudiness goes away!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom