Neon Tetra with Pop-eye Questions about returning to community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1 of my neon tetras developed pop-eye in both eyes. I pulled the whole school (one other one was breathing rapidly) and am finishing up a round of Kanaplex/Furan2.

The other fish are doing fine, my little hammerhead popeye doesn't look any better :( So my question is do I return him to the community? I am assuming it is internal and no other fish in the community tank is showing any symptoms (other than ALL of my red eye tetras hiding since I removed the neons).

Thanks!
Jana

Pop eye is from bacteria that gets behind the eye. If it's eyes are still out I would say its not fixed. I dont think it can spread from fish to fish like ich can.

They are both still out. I guess if it isn't contagious I'll just put him back when done.

Maybe, I used malifix I think. I know it's harsh but I would also consider the price of the meds vs the price of the fish. It might be easier to chalk it up to the fishy gods and get a new one.

Back
Top Bottom