Neon tetras chasing each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chileno

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have 9 neons in my tank with other fish, and i keep seeing them chasing eachother. Is that normal? Like one chases the others away, one chases one then another one. Can someone tell me if its normal? Or is it breeding behavior? Thanks

So i have 9 neons in my tank with other fish, and i keep seeing them chasing eachother. Is that normal? Like one chases the others away, one chases one then another one. Can someone tell me if its normal? Or is it breeding behavior? Thanks

Nope it's normal neon antics

Great! So no need to worry? I keep worrying to much about my neons because for some reason they keep dying on me :( I finally have a somewhat nice size school but i want to get more

Great! So no need to worry? I keep worrying to much about my neons because for some reason they keep dying on me :( I finally have a somewhat nice size school but i want to get more

Yeah there's not much you can do. Everytime I get a good school of 15+ I always lose some and have a consistent 8-10. They are actually the one of the more sensitive specie of tetra.

I know, i keep loosing them they are very sensitive. I would like a big school of 20+ but cant for some reason

I thought the cardinals were harder to keep than the neons! I read that neons were easier.

Nope and pesonally I like the cardinals better the red goes all the way across and makes the blue stand out better! Both fish tend to be on the delicate side but the cardinals are seem to have a bit more uhmf! That said I only have 6 out of the 12 I started with!

That's good to know! I always thought the cardinals were harder, I do like them too they are very similar, i might have to try a school of them

Neons and cardinals would school together too right? Might as well have a mix of both haha

Would they really? That would be awesome, im gonna have to get some soon

Im not guarateeing they would but my dads did when he had them. He also had aboit 6 or 7 of each.

Nice thats would look good a big school of neons and cardinals

Back
Top Bottom