NEW 125Gallon Coming HOME Friday! (UPDATE PICS!!!!!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well here are some pics of the spot where the 75g was and the 125 will be. Notice the wet carpet were I busted the rubbermaid sump getting it out. Also pics of the coral and the lr.

f4397583.jpg

f439757f.jpg

f4397576.jpg

f4397591.jpg

f4397589.jpg

Have fun !

I am right with ya on the excitment . I'm moving my 30 into my 90 this weekend ! I can't wait. :multi:

Ok, I just got home from NC! It is well 3:31am. Got all the LR, sand and fish in. All the fish are doing well. Wow I cant wait until tomorrow to set it up, and share my experience with you.

Crap! It is tomorrow! Ok maybe later............... :wink:

lol Glad you had an uneventful trip and are back home safely with your new charges. Can't wait for the update and pics. :D

Rev -

Glad to hear you made it home safe (and the fish are doing ok)! It was great meeting you. I don't think the setup could have found a better home. Can't wait to see the setup once you're done.

Get some rest and thanks for documenting the process, i'm sure lots of folks will benefit from it. Plus it's fun to see it come along.

Jim

First off I would like to say a great BIG Thank you to Jim (JamesR) and his wife Kelly. They were the most amazingly nice and most thoughtful people that I have met in a while.

First of all I was given this amazing deal on this most amazing aquarium that pictures cannot do justice. The live stock was impecable and just utterly beautiful! These two people care deeply for one another and their pets. They were very gracious and very kind to me and my wife.

Also I must make mention of there beautiful home!! Wow! Great decorating Kelly!

The trip took 5 hrs both ways. We left at 10am and returned around 3ish.

I took about 70-80gallons from the tank back home along with all the sand. The fish were carried in a 31g rubbermaid tub woth a good amount of LR, heater, and a PH. It was powered by a convertor that Jim and Kelly insisted that we use. I brought one but it didnt have enough power. (I'm sending it back this week guys :wink:)

We made two cuts in some flex PVC to try and make it as easy as possible to re hook up. It was very easy. I went to Lowes and got two couplings.

I used 45g of new saltwater and the rest from my old tank.

OK here are the pics:

I used the church's van and took out all the seats. Here are some buckets and things ready for the trip:

f433bb36.jpg

We traveled from Ga through SC and into NC:

f433bb41.jpg

Here is a pic of Me and Jim getting started. As you can see I am already getting wet. (I am the chunky one)

f433b9b0.jpg

(look at this guy am I sure I want to sell him this tank?) :D

f433b9b7.jpg

f433b9c3.jpg

f433b802.jpg

Check the grin on my face!

f433b7ec.jpg

f433b7fd.jpg

f433b7f1.jpg

f433b605.jpg

f433b5f7.jpg

f433b5fb.jpg

The fish stayed here overnight:

f433b5ff.jpg

Moved into my house:

f433b44b.jpg

Adding water and rock:

f433b46b.jpg

Set up almost identical to the way Jim had it:

f433b0e5.jpg

Murky but getting there. Also the lights are different because my reg 48" I had to spread out so the actinics were...well you understand. MH on the way next week!

f433b28e.jpg

f433b450.jpg

Shot of the beautiful Naso and Powder blue we got from Jim:

f433b462.jpg

f433b45a.jpg

f433b0de.jpg

f433b0d5.jpg

My only regret is that we do not live closer to Jim and Kelly. They would be great friends to hang out with.

Thanks again Guys! You are awesome!!

wow that looks real nice, gonna make some of us members green with envy :lol:

WOW!

Can't believe you left here Friday night and within 24 hours you have everything setup. That's dedication!

The aquascaping looks GREAT!

Thanks for the kind words as well. It was truly a pleasure to meet you and your wife.

Congrats on your new 125 setup! :D
Jim

VERY nice tank man! Congrats on the tank upgrade i also had to go with the 125gal Good Luck! Looks great!

Back
Top Bottom