New 20g for babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JM1101

Aquarium Advice Regular
Started a new 20g today for my baby mollies, and hopefully soon some platys. I'm hoping to move them from their bowl to their new home within the next 2 weeks after I've had some plants in there a while.

Attachments

• 20170825_233419.jpg
    20170825_233419.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 56
Does the bowl they're in have a filter?

No I've been taking a shot glass and dipping out half the water and replacing it with water from my other tank. That's also what I used to jump start their tank. I have about 6 horn wort I just put in today and the local pet store is supposed to get a new plant shipment in early this week so I'll see what I get in there next.

I also got some panty hose and put it over the filter so they don't get sucked up in there. Should work ok without over heating the motor I'm hoping.

Then I'd put them in the tank now, it will be easier to keep levels stable and do water changes in the tank than in the bowl, plus you can add some filter media from your original tank to kickstart the cycle.

Cool! Yeah the horn wort are trimmings from my community tank that I put in there earlier today. I will put them in there in the morning then before I feed them.

Got the molly fry in and fed. 1 is still swimming around getting food. The others are hiding somewhere I hope. There were 2 dozen that went in.

Attachments

• 20170828_074143.jpg
    20170828_074143.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom