New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While doing a little tank maintenance this evening I found a shrimp molt in the tank..I've been toying with idea of placing some cherry shrimp from another tank in this one so I figured I might as well & go ahead..slightly puzzled as to where the molt came from&after close inspection I was unable to locate the shrimp in question.I was able to net 4 juvies from my fluval edge,acclimated them& in the tank they went...this will be the largest tank I've introduced shrimp in to date..Naturally I'm interested to see how well they take hold.

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Good luck with the shrimp! Trying to find 10 ghost shrimp in my tank is proving to be a big challenge for me. Couple hiding spots that I cant see into without disturbing the tank :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank is doing well besides the disappearing act of 2 white cloud mountain minnows..have had this happen before when a pair bred..plants are growing well&all fauna seem to appreciate the setup as well..I have some harlequin rasboras on hold at the lfs I'll be picking up today..I'll post some pics later when lights are on...

Well no new fish, as a new prepare for the family car has came up. Will post new pics of the growth in the 20.

Also added a small gang of peppered cory's from another& they seem to be lovin the sand...

My blyxa seems to be doing very well&tomorrow during pwc's I'm gonna look to split the ones I have currently from 3 plants into possibly as many as 8 in total... http://i.imgur.com/Wmzn8Uu.jpg

Let me know how it goes. I just got some last week and they are still adjusting to the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The pic doesn't show the new growth very well,New leaves coming in showing a tanish color...the rest of the equipment for the water barrel should come in tomorrow&hoping it's helps take some of the work out of the pwc's..

Just finished a pwc on the tank along with some trimming,some hitchhiking snails met their maker&was able to split the blyxa into 6 total plants...wasn't too difficult splitting the blyxa as I was able to find some "how to" videos on UTube..

So the TOM hob filter isn't what I thought it would be,seems like I've got to do maintenance on it every 3 days to keep descent-ok flow...looking at the sunsun 304 which list 264 gph turn over..anyone have any experience with these canisters?

I do I do! I like them.. have a 304 and 304b. Been running for almost a month no problem and quiter than a snail fart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I do I do! I like them.. have a 304 and 304b. Been running for almost a month no problem and quiter than a snail fart

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What size tanks are you running them on? Concerned with the flow&that it might be too much..Not a snail fart...Lol

After checking specs I'm gonna give the 603B L a shot,gets high reviews.

Decided to go with the sunsun 304,better to have more flow..I have a pvc ball valve that I'll put inline if I feel the flow is to strong...

So I think my stocking is at its max,as it is now:
2 white cloud mountain minnow(2 had gotten sucked into the filter while doing maintenance)
3 peppered cory's-1 panda
5 harlequin rasboras
7 neon tetras
2 Siamese fox(will be rehomed}
3 tiger nerite snails
1 assassin snail(for nuisance snails)
5 cherry shrimp

Have kept them together before without issue but doesn't mean it won't happen though..

Back
Top Bottom