New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think all of the plants in your tank will benefit from the addition of CO2. At the time I was using API Leafzone and Seachem Flourish Comp under a FugeRay. It took several weeks for the DIY CO2 to take effect but when it did, plants that were growing slowly (broadleaf chain sword, dwarf sag, Bacopa caroliniana) took off and and took over the tank.
I did not use a diffuser. I directed the CO2 into one of the HOB intake tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I remember reading about the dwarf sag/broadleaf chain sword fiasco fresh. Made for good entertainment and education...dont buy 2 similar plants at once so you can identify them

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yep that was almost two years ago. At the time I ordered a bunch of plants so that I could get a discount on shipping (which was a bad idea in my case). I think I had enough plants for a 55g. Of the 10-12 different types of plants I ordered, a year later I think I only had 2-3 varieties still in the tank. Some died out, others grew horribly, some out grew the tank. Within a year I was able to grow plants but was real rough when it came to the aqua-scaping stuff. So I followed various plant build threads and figured out what look I was going for.

So I would like to go with pressurized co2 for this tank. Deal is I have a budget of $200 even. So any ideas out there would be fully welcomed and appreciated thank you.

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Easy.. aquatek premium reg., 24oz. Paintball tank,adapter, aquatek co2 tubing and bubble counter, cheap Chinese drop checker off ebay and some 4dkh solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Easy.. aquatek premium reg., 24oz. Paintball tank,adapter, aquatek co2 tubing and bubble counter, cheap Chinese drop checker off ebay and some 4dkh solution.

On Amazon all of this should run about $150-$160

I have an extra fluval diffuser and aquatek bubble counter and some random lengths of tubing, could save you a few bucks if you're interested?

I have an extra fluval diffuser and aquatek bubble counter and some random lengths of tubing, could save you a few bucks if you're interested?

Funny, I have the same extra items, though the bubble counter is from Fluval I think.

We could definitely talk,thx for the offer...

Putting a list together to get idea..keep the advice coming as it seems the dark side has taken hold!

Also is there a certain solution to be used in the bubble counter?

Also is there a certain solution to be used in the bubble counter?

I just use water in the bubble counter.
I do have a Fluval CO2 indicator (drop checker) and I use the supplied CO2 indicator fluid that comes with it.

Is a check valve really necessary seeing how once pressure is shut off there is no where for the gas to escape? Can water penetrate the diffuser&then back up in the line?

If you disconnect the line water may start a gravity syphon. It did for my diy set up at least.

If you disconnect the line water may start a gravity syphon. It did for my diy set up at least.

I'm going pressurized, so no lines to disconnect.. Shouldn't be an issue..

Wouldn't hurt to get one imo. They are a couple of dollars that can prevent a mess

When I got the AquaTech regulator it came with a bubble counter and integrated check valve. Yes, water should not back flow from the tank but what's a few dollars to prevent damage to a not so cheap regulator?

Back
Top Bottom