New 29 gallon tank build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So today the first of two packages came. The tester kit was the only one in that package. But the next one should include filter, heater, and air pump! Getting excited

I'll be testing my tap water soon

Attachments

• image-542626295.jpg
    image-542626295.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 44
Petmountain.com
And
Bigappleherp.com
Has aquaclears for super dirt cheap

Foster Smith has Aquaclears on sale AND a mail in rebate for a years worth of filters free.

See if you can download the rebate and use it on a filter bought elsewhere.

I bought my aqua clear model 50 for 30 bucks off of amazon

So I go all my accessories for the tank finally. And will be building a stand tomorrow!! Now the next step is finding the right chemicals. Anyone have any suggestions on what chemicals I Gould use to start up my tank? Any help will be so much appreciated.

Prime for dechlorinator.... Nothing else should be added unless doing fish less cycle. If doing fish in cycle, water changes are your friend. Get a test kit! Is this gonna be planted, and if so what kind of substrate

blizowman1 said:
Prime for dechlorinator.... Nothing else should be added unless doing fish less cycle. If doing fish in cycle, water changes are your friend. Get a test kit! Is this gonna be planted, and if so what kind of substrate

I am doing a fish less cycle which I have a bottle of ammonia too. And I have the API mater water test kit. And this is going to be a low light planted tank. And pea gravel as the substrate.

Then that's all you'll need for a while. I've always heard that adding te plants will help cycle. But once cycled and planted maybe a bottle of flourish and excel to start with then you'll just have to see what deficiencies show up and buy more ferts for that. What kind of lights are you gonna be using?

blizowman1 said:
Then that's all you'll need for a while. I've always heard that adding te plants will help cycle. But once cycled and planted maybe a bottle of flourish and excel to start with then you'll just have to see what deficiencies show up and buy more ferts for that. What kind of lights are you gonna be using?

Yeah I was hoping to add plants maybe after a week or so of cycling. And yeah I was planning on Getting a bottle of flourish. And maybe some plant tabs to stick under roots. As for lights I have a 24" T8 bulb

Attachments

• image-1919525851.jpg
    image-1919525851.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3662095693.jpg
    image-3662095693.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image-1391349053.jpg
    image-1391349053.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 43
bud29 said:
Do you have a stocking plan?

I don't really know. Yet. Maybe like a pair of rams. And then a school of tetras to start

Is This the prime people are talking about?

Attachments

• image-3776797751.jpg
    image-3776797751.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 51
Yep thats the prime... And depending on what kind of rams you are talking about you may want to wait till the tanks been set up for a while some rams can be very sensitive

Ok I'm gonna go to my lfs tomorrow and get some of that. Or any needed chemicals. I will also look at the types of rams they have an post on here to see I they would work

go to the getting started forum and open the fishless cycling page. you need to cycle your tank before adding any fish

terryeckel said:
go to the getting started forum and open the fishless cycling page. you need to cycle your tank before adding any fish

I am aware. I was gonna check and post on here to see of those would work

Back
Top Bottom