New 37 Gallon!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fearitself

Aquarium Advice Regular
im happy to announce i got my new 37 gallon tank. i think im going to stock it with a chinnese algae eater 3 or 4 angel fish and if possible open to anyother ideas. also i have my corey catfish and dwarf gourmi that will go in there as well

I'd avoid the Chinese algae eater. They actually only eat algae when they're young. After that they just get nasty. I'll let someone else answer about the angels but I think that many might be pushing it in that size tank.

Bristlenose pleco would be my suggestion. Otos and pitbull plecos would work too but they both should have an established tank. Otos especially can be hard to keep alive. There are other choices like Siamese algae eaters or snails but again I'm going to let those for someone that knows them better to answer about

alright thanks for the help the negative thing about where i live is i only have petsmart to get fish so bristlenose will probably be what i get but im not sure

Fearitself said:
alright thanks for the help the negative thing about where i live is i only have petsmart to get fish so bristlenose will probably be what i get but im not sure

Ya, or rubberlip plecos.

I would only do a maz of 2 angels in a 37 IMO

I always read about CAE getting mean and not eating algae when the get older and all this stuff. I had a CAE for over 3 years and he NEVER stoped eating algae until the day he died. He wasnt the nicest fish, he just didnt like anything in his "bubble", nothing crazy.

Also I think the the whole "algae eater" thing is the biggest misconception in fish keeping. There really isnt a need for one in a tank unless you like the way it looks and/or acts. They arent these almighty cleaning machines. I have had lots of algae in my tank that housed 7 ottos 2 BN and a CAE. They only eat what they want. MY BN NEVER EVER EVER leaves the peice of driftwood i have. If you keep up on weekly PWC you shouldnt have algae. Right?

I would only keep 2 angels. The corys should be in a group of at least 5.

2 Angels, 5 corys, 1 dwarf gourami, 5-8 medium sized tetras. maybe cards or penguins and you will be good to go.

i like the 2 Angels, 5 corys, 1 dwarf gourami, 5-8 medium sized tetras. maybe cards or penguins idea and i think i can do without the algae eater

I just got 4 young grey corys. I think "group of 5" might not be necessary. The 4 I have are brothers and/or sisters. As far as I can tell, they could care less about schooling. In the wild they hang out together but these multi-generational, domestic inbreeds seem to be pretty independent.

Total layman's opinion.

I only have one spotted Corey and he seems happy and healthy to me but I would like to get a few more

Back
Top Bottom