New 40 gal breeder!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome HalfMoon! How long have you had those plants, they're coming along pretty nice! :) Also what kind of tetras (deeper bodied ones) love their coloration! :D

Those are von rio tetras. Blood red fins and golden orange bodies. The plants are as old as this thread. Weird to think it started out AA this...

Attachments

• image-2143199827.jpg
    image-2143199827.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 84
subscribed.

ive got a german blue ram tank that i hope to set up like yours. right now its got silk plants in it and loveing the look. same stand same tank. still have to get a light for the tank to grow plants.

are you going to be putting your discus in there too? or am i confused?

coffeetwitch said:
are you going to be putting your discus in there too? or am i confused?

no, the discus are in a grow out tank, and will be getting a minimum 90 gallon display tank when fat and happy!

with all the trimming and dosing fertilizers and making sure u have co2 and so on its like having ur corals and having to feed them and makingsure they r happy!!!!

coffeetwitch said:
cool thank you. what else do you have planed for this tank?

It is stocked, just plant growth for now. I will move some fish to the discus tank later. I'm hoping my rams pair up!

im really interested in making my current set up a live planted one for my rams. (more natural habitat) i guess ive got alot of research and learning to do. thanks for the inspiration.

Honestly, just research before starting, and make sure you have everything you need before converting.
I made that mistake and had a HUGE algae outbreak since I didn't have CO2. But good luck and let us know/see how it goes!

thank your for that tip! i did talk to the guys at the lfs and they have 2 that are where planted and no algae. how much does it cost to keep a co2 tank?

I use a half DIY half system setup and it's great. Keeps algae at bay, and keeps growth steady, but not overwhelming.
It can be 200+ for a full auto setup, but I got away for around $50.

cool thank you. i guess when sweety pie gets off work today we will see if she is cool with moving this direction.

it depends how nice do u want it and if u want the type that u can refill the bottles and the disposable ones are 25$ but they aint that reliable and are upto 40 gal, also it depends on how big its ur tank, i have a diy co2 on my 75 gal and its workin like a champ!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom