New 55 gal cichlid tank stock help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Local guy that i found online, he breeds them and said he should have some by this weekend, yeah I try looking a lot of places most places would be out I stock or not have them

Yea they sell really fast. Nice find for you I hope they turn out really nice. And can't wait to see my own fry. Hoping they will breed fingers crossed

Yeah hopefully they will, the labs ill get from local pet store , and I'll order the other ones from online, should I put in 4 at a time or what would u recommend ?

He said they were between .5 - 1" which still consider fry I guess

He said they were between .5 - 1" which still consider fry I guess

At that age you can put them all in there at once or in groups. I'd tried to find the others really small so they don't become a possible snack.

When ordering online 1-2" is really small so that would be.ok

[QUOTE="Andrew McFadden;2334619"

This is what I'd do
4 Afra cobue
4 yellow labs
4 elongatus chalosi
4 maingano
And a pleco if you wanted[/QUOTE]

Sounds great .. i personally like all those except i prefer the look of synodontis over plecos.. i wanted cobue n couldnt find them when i was stockin :( but i have mainganos n yellow labs they look great together . Cant wait to see what u decide on and pics good luck :)

This is what I'd do
4 Afra cobue
4 yellow labs
4 elongatus chalosi
4 maingano
And a pleco if you wanted[/QUOTE]

Sounds great .. i personally like all those except i prefer the look of synodontis over plecos.. i wanted cobue n couldnt find them when i was stockin :( but i have mainganos n yellow labs they look great together . Cant wait to see what u decide on and pics good luck :)[/QUOTE]

Stupid phone messed up my post.. i was tryin to quote andrew n add my comment not sure y it didnt work right but oh well here it is .

Got the first fish for the tank, 3 yellow labs

image-124314973.jpg

I was talking I the guy who sold me the afra about the selection for tank mates and he said all would work will except maybe the elongatus chailosi because kinda have a resemblance to the afra and might more aggressive to each other Because of it, so I was wondering what would be some other options that I could put in there, he mentioned an acie , red zebra if I remember right

I was talking I the guy who sold me the afra about the selection for tank mates and he said all would work will except maybe the elongatus chailosi because kinda have a resemblance to the afra and might more aggressive to each other Because of it, so I was wondering what would be some other options that I could put in there, he mentioned an acie , red zebra if I remember right

Elongatus chalosi does fine with mine so does cynotilapia afra Mara. But my tank size is a lot bigger so that might be why I get away with it. Acei really should be in a bigger tank then a 55. They are open water swimmers and like to dart around. The red zebra will work but your pushing 5" -6" which isn't a great idea in a 55 gallon. Maingano, yellow labs, rusty and many many more that will be hard to find.

Well This is what I have so far

5 afra cobue
3 yellow labs
1 Pleco

I'm thinking of adding
1 more yellow lab
4 maingano

So I was just looking to add 2 or 3 more of some sort

Well This is what I have so far

5 afra cobue
3 yellow labs
1 Pleco

I'm thinking of adding
1 more yellow lab
4 maingano

So I was just looking to add 2 or 3 more of some sort

I'd just do 5-5-5 of the mbuna and call it stocked. I like more of each one with less groups.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well , make it a lot easier

I think that sounds good... andrews cobue is one of my favs in his tank .. i have labs n mainganos they look great with each other n my mainganos stay busy. I have a few fake plants that they play in. the 7 mainganos they usually stay together but sometimes split up in groups with 3 , 4 ..my labs do the same i have 1 or 2 that stray off by their self n the other 3 stay n a pack ... your tank is lookin good. Cant wait to see it finished..

Yeah I can go get the two yellow labs today, as far for the mainganos ill have to see where I can get them from, I keep looking to see I I can find them local , shipping fees are just to much but I might not have another option

Yeah I can go get the two yellow labs today, as far for the mainganos ill have to see where I can get them from, I keep looking to see I I can find them local , shipping fees are just to much but I might not have another option

Sometimes you can find great deals on www.aquabid.com. You may even be able to find them cheaper

Yeap i ordered mine from aquabid.com i paid $36 total. I only did priority shippin and they got here within 3days. If you have a place other then the big chain stores you should be able to bring in the scientific name and have them ordered .

Back
Top Bottom