New 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

donh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thought I'd share a pic of the new 55 gal tank. First setup in 15 years. I'm pretty happy with it. I've got 6 Australian Rainbows so far. Comments and critiques more than welcome!!

img_1445590_0_9ef8380e02b71596ab1e8f8737f1b78e.jpg

Gorgeous aquascaping! Your tank looks really good and I love the rainbows! Looks way better than my tank, mine looks like an overgrown jungle. :p

that looks nice,a rainbow shark would love it(hint hint). can you get pics of the fish?

Gorgeous aquascaping! Your tank looks really good and I love the rainbows! Looks way better than my tank, mine looks like an overgrown jungle. :p

Keep in mind this is all brand new. Hopefully it will fill in a lot! Thanks for the compliments.

that looks nice,a rainbow shark would love it(hint hint). can you get pics of the fish?

I've tried but all I have is my camera phone. It is 8MP but won't freeze motion at all. I have been researching it and feel pretty sure they are Melanotaenia fluviatilis - plain old rainbows. They have a yellow sheen to the tail and the two males flash a black stripe from the eye back to the tail and also have some black tips on the dorsal fins and the tail.

Our air went out yesterday (fixed now). The house got up to 99 degrees inside. We had 105 actual temps with 115 heat index. The tank got up to 86 and the males got VERY frisky. I swear I thought I'd have eggs the way they were working the females.

Back
Top Bottom