New 60 Gallon (Now 40b) Build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
They'll be fine in that jungle and the huge mass of diandra :)

Lol about that huge mass of diandra....

I did my PWC and a little trimming today. It should look a lot better in a week or so as stuff grows in and fills out. I put another water sprite plant In place of the Wisteria by the stump. What do you all think?

image-544984460.jpg

image-3641427495.jpg

image-4151918489.jpg

skywhitney said:
Lol about that huge mass of diandra....

I did my PWC and a little trimming today. It should look a lot better in a week or so as stuff grows in and fills out. I put another water sprite plant In place of the Wisteria by the stump. What do you all think?

Nooooo not the mass of diandra! Jk

It looks better! The diandra was getting really tall.

George9 said:
Nooooo not the mass of diandra! Jk

It looks better! The diandra was getting really tall.

Yeah it was a little out of hand lol. I was able to seperate all the diandra trimmings into 12 generous bunches to sell to my lfs. I also have two HUGE bunches of wisteria to sell them tomorrow. Im really excited for the Indica and Grandulosa to fill in the jungle again and give it some nice colors. I was also able to pull off 8 new water sprite plants from the mother plant without even trying (2 of them i planted in place of the wisteria).

Charger is also in the net now and has eaten his own block of bloodworms and a few of his pellets. It would be nice if he was a little more assertive towards eating but i think he'll come around in his own time :)

so i took in my trimming of Diandra and Wisteria to my lfs today and was able to get $20 store credit for it all. :-D I would have gotten more for the Diandra but i took them so much it overstocked them lol.

Sorry man! I feel like I forgot about you

That's great you got so much diandra out of the trimmings! It didn't even look like 12 whole bunches could come off of that huge "mass"! Lol

How is charger doing? Is he pretty active?

George9 said:
Sorry man! I feel like I forgot about you

That's great you got so much diandra out of the trimmings! It didn't even look like 12 whole bunches could come off of that huge "mass"! Lol

How is charger doing? Is he pretty active?

Haha no worries buddy. I didn't think it would be that much until i started chopping lol!

Charger is doing good, he's starting to get a little more comfortable but he's still really shy. He'll swim around for a few min then just hang out and watch everyone else for a few min then start swimming again and repeat. He likes to stay where he can cover up quickly though, not a big open area fan. Thats why i'm thinking an angel might work since they'll stick to the open areas more.

Angels were my second favorite (porcupine puffers took #1) fish while i was at the aquarium. They're just so graceful and pretty.

skywhitney said:
Haha no worries buddy. I didn't think it would be that much until i started chopping lol!

Charger is doing good, he's starting to get a little more comfortable but he's still really shy. He'll swim around for a few min then just hang out and watch everyone else for a few min then start swimming again and repeat. He likes to stay where he can cover up quickly though, not a big open area fan. Thats why i'm thinking an angel might work since they'll stick to the open areas more.

Angels were my second favorite (porcupine puffers took #1) fish while i was at the aquarium. They're just so graceful and pretty.

Yeah they are really nice. I love the way they swim too. They stay at the top and yea, in open area a lot. Really slow moving big guys :)

My family is not a big fan of them though lol

George9 said:
Yeah they are really nice. I love the way they swim too. They stay at the top and yea, in open area a lot. Really slow moving big guys :)

My family is not a big fan of them though lol

Lol to each their own i guess :) my wife wants nothing to do with the tank other than enjoying looking at it, naming fish, and listening to me ramble on about it. I do have to say she was pretty stoked to hear its making us a little extra money now though ;-)

Got some pics of the tank today. You can see much the Rotala has grown in just 5 days! There are some other pics just cause i could :)

image-3804699487.jpg

image-3442693486.jpg

image-3938104086.jpg

image-1898585894.jpg

image-2779078781.jpg

image-3880142292.jpg

image-1154324582.jpg

image-2790754052.jpg

skywhitney said:
Got some pics of the tank today. You can see much the Rotala has grown in just 5 days! There are some other pics just cause i could :)

Wow! Looks better every time!!!! Your really getting some reddish pink out of the rotala. Looks great!

Charger is looking as snazzy as ever too :p

George9 said:
Wow! Looks better every time!!!! Your really getting some reddish pink out of the rotala. Looks great!

Charger is looking as snazzy as ever too :p

Thanks :). Chargers colors are really faded the last couple of days so i don't know whats up with him :-/

skywhitney said:
Thanks :). Chargers colors are really faded the last couple of days so i don't know whats up with him :-/

I sure its normal. I like to think they have their good days and bad days, just like people :)

Oh my gosh! What is this plant in the picture in your rotala thread? It's the nice red one in the right

image-108035801.jpg

George9 said:
I sure its normal. I like to think they have their good days and bad days, just like people :)

True enough. I'm still having problems with him eating though. He comes to the top now but doesn't go after any of the food. I'm staring to get a little concerned

George9 said:
Oh my gosh! What is this plant in the picture in your rotala thread? It's the nice red one in the right

Ludwigia Grandulosa :)

skywhitney said:
True enough. I'm still having problems with him eating though. He comes to the top now but doesn't go after any of the food. I'm staring to get a little concerned

I don't know what to think. Charger is screwing with me lol.

I spent about an hour at the lfs talking and reading about what might be going on with him and finally decided to get a few live blackworms to see if a "hunting" instinct would kick his appetite into gear. When i got home he was swimming around the tank and his colors were nice and bright. I put a few of the worms into the tank and he went ape going after them. While he was going after the worms i dropped some pellets and he started going after those as well.

Lol this fish is something else.

I don't know what to think. Charger is screwing with me lol.

I spent about an hour at the lfs talking and reading about what might be going on with him and finally decided to get a few live blackworms to see if a "hunting" instinct would kick his appetite into gear. When i got home he was swimming around the tank and his colors were nice and bright. I put a few of the worms into the tank and he went ape going after them. While he was going after the worms i dropped some pellets and he started going after those as well.

Lol this fish is something else.

Yay! Thats good news :) I'm glad he finally learned to eat lol

I'm gonna have to look into that ludwiga gra-something and see if I can grow it :)

George9 said:
Yay! Thats good news :) I'm glad he finally learned to eat lol

I'm gonna have to look into that ludwiga gra-something and see if I can grow it :)

Lol the jury is still out on it so i'll let you know what i think. So far i havent really seen any growth but it has a lot of new root so once those establish it might take off. It is a really pretty red though and provides a nice contrast to the tank.

skywhitney said:
Lol the jury is still out on it so i'll let you know what i think. So far i havent really seen any growth but it has a lot of new root so once those establish it might take off. It is a really pretty red though and provides a nice contrast to the tank.

Wow, yeah it really looks great. Have you been having problems with algae?

George9 said:
Wow, yeah it really looks great. Have you been having problems with algae?

Yeah i have, i'm seeing quite a bit of green hair algae and green dust algea. I would absolutely love to get rid of the stupid green spot algae thats on the lower half of the glass as well. I'm kinda at a loss for how to fight it :-/

Back
Top Bottom