New 90 gallen tanganikan tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

got-to-love-Chiclids

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just got a 90 gallon tank and is cycling right now any any idea of what kind of tanganikan cichlids I should put in there I am pretty sure I want to get a pair of gold sex foxs and frontosas any suggestions

Frontosas are awesome... I'd love to have some but I want to keep plants. I heard the two don't mix.

I think they will do fine in,a 90 gallon its enough room I do need to take the gold sex fox out if they start breeding because they do g et violent

Guess people are not that into the tanganikan species......is it because a lot of them are hiders?

As everyone prolly knows what I'm gonna say, but I'm gonna say it anyway....

I LUVINS MY FRONTOSAS!!

Eh, to each their own. I never thought I'd want a tank of them, I was wrong. But there are tons if fishies out there just ripe for the pickin ;-)

I don't know much about the tangs other than I don't like a lot of them and luvins the frontosa! lol

ok 90 gallon tank you could have five bar cichlids pair, callochromis sand sifter are nice cyprichromis or cyps jumbos, tang killifish, a trio of featherfins ventralis, julidochromis for the rocks maybe a pair of lemon cichlids and pair of shell dwellers in one corner occelatus gold or multis or just a tropheus community would look nice if you fancy a pair of frontosa loose the cyps and the shell dwellers as they will be eaten when fronts get big possibilites are endless. whatever u choose enjoy these wonderful fish, go tangs!

A 90 isn't big enough for more than 1 front when they grow out, you really need a bigger tank and a group to keep them properly.
There are a few species of featherfins that will work in a 4' tank, and some of the smaller Cyp's or paracyp's as well, but the jumbo Cyp species need at least a 6' tank.
Tropheus are popular, and there's quite a variety of colors available, but they do best in a species tank.
Sexifasciatus are aggressive buggers, you wouldn't be able to keep much (if anything) more than a pair of those in a 90, though a single wouldn't be as likely to kill everything else.
Synodontis petricola or lucipinnis catfish are great in a group of 5 or more.

Back
Top Bottom