New add in!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sszkola44

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just purchased two new plecs a L201 and a albino bristle nose. They are still small but they are new my 20 G now has
3 comets
1 black mor
1 common plec
1L201
1 albino bristle nose
I'm going to move them soon but any suggestions on habitat?

What exactly do you mean by "suggestions on habitat"? I am in no way shape or form trying to be rude here, but this may seem harsh anyway. Common plecos can grow to over 12 inches and should not really be kept in the home aquarium. As for goldfish, a general rule of thumb is one fancy goldfish for every 20 gallons and an extra goldfish for every 10 additional. For regular goldfish a pond or very large aquarium is required. I honestly suggest that you rehome the great majority of your aquarium's inhabitants.

@calfishguy I'm moving in 4 months to a house that has a pond out back and I bought feeders for my pirhana that are in a 55 and one ended up being a fancy and there were a couple comets so I said it would make a cool tank for the little ones to look at when they came over so I put then in a seperate tank I later decided it was cruel so as I was looking for a house I said why not a pond I found a house with perfect pond and one thing led to another and I'm moving. Habitat I mean by live plants, rock formations etc.

Yeah I just don't know what to put in the tank currently for the l201 I have Texas holy rock and a small rock formation that all three like to sit on but I'm not certain it's what they want at the moment

Bristlenose needs driftwood. I used malaysian. Its more splintery than other types, but its cheaper at least around my parts. I find mopani to be too hard, though the two-tone look is gorgeous. Can't speak on behalf of the other types.

Bristlenose needs driftwood. I used malaysian. Its more splintery than other types, but its cheaper at least around my parts. I find mopani to be too hard, though the two-tone look is gorgeous. Can't speak on behalf of the other types.

Yes I agree some driftwood would be nice. Pleco do not need driftwood. But they sure like it.

Btw, my bristlenose grew from 1" to 3" in 3-4 months. She was small but came with a nasty bioload.

I just got a baby today she's about 1/2 an inch along with my L201 my common plec guards them infront of the structure

I just got a baby today she's about 1/2 an inch along with my L201 my common plec guards them infront of the structure

I hope you plan on upgrading tanks. The claim that common plecs get to 12" was a little off, try 18. My BN pleco is a poop machine, he's always dragging around at least a 4 incher. He's grown an inch in about 3 weeks too.

Back
Top Bottom