New addition. ID please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Predfan27 said:
Okie doke! I apologize, from the info given I thought you went and bought them all willy nilly! Glad to hear we still have responsible fish keepers :)

No need to apologize at all. I fully understand an agree with you 100%. But yes I did ask a ton of questions before I picked them up.

Convict2161 said:
It just makes for GREAT conversation when everyone is always like what is that and oh wow what is this! Or holy ...... What is that!!

Does a different lake really have this affect? If the person were talking about is a noobie, then would they know your tank and stock is semi-unique?

Cool fish, i really like how the are striped, but dark colors instead of really bright!!

Gboy66 said:
Does a different lake really have this affect? If the person were talking about is a noobie, then would they know your tank and stock is semi-unique?

Cool fish, i really like how the are striped, but dark colors instead of really bright!!

No, what I was saying was The has more then just Cichlid's. So when there looking at the tank and see something OTHER then a Cichlid it's more of a conversation piece not that my fish alone aren't a nice view. Didn't mean they would know different lakes. But it's cool to have different kinds of fish in the mix IMO makes for a very interesting tank. I mean to a certain degree. I would go putting a goldfish in the tank.

im pretty sure they are striped julies, i sent you a message, but i thought ill post it incase someone else has the same fish. they are are from lake tanginika and get about 12 in long.

gman42 said:
im pretty sure they are striped julies, i sent you a message, but i thought ill post it incase someone else has the same fish. they are are from lake tanginika and get about 12 in long.

We already discovered this on the first page but on the profiles I read it said 6" do they get 12"

Convict2161 said:
Either way they were re homed tonight and I have store credit.

Can I ask why they were rehomed? I know nothing about cichlids, but they seemed as If
They'd do fine In your tank.

Austin.b said:
Can I ask why they were rehomed? I know nothing about cichlids, but they seemed as If
They'd do fine In your tank.

The size they get 6-12" inches is what I'm being told. They were easy to catch. I'm going to do more research on them and they will be there of I decide to get them back. Most of my fish will top out at 4" and it's a 75g and I'm overstocked so a 12" monster wouldn't be a healthy choice IMO.

Convict2161 said:
The size they get 6-12" inches is what I'm being told. They were easy to catch. I'm going to do more research on them and they will be there of I decide to get them back. Most of my fish will top out at 4" and it's a 75g and I'm overstocked so a 12" monster wouldn't be a healthy choice IMO.

Oh ok, haha probably not.

Yeah figured it was best. They have a better home and I got a credit which I'll use for sure. I wanna get a few more Botia loaches.

I'm gonna get in touch with Joe he works tomorrow. I'll have a definite answer to then. I forgot what they were called.

Convict2161 said:

I was wondering why you was adding more fish to that tank with all the problems you've been having. I know its hard try looking into getting a bigger tank.

Andrew McFadden said:
I was wondering why you was adding more fish to that tank with all the problems you've been having. I know its hard try looking into getting a bigger tank.

Oh that's coming TRUST me! lol. The wife just doesn't know it yet.

Back
Top Bottom