new addutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, I would get some pictures but I lost my cell. Oops. The fish look nice, are you going to add some more corys? The guppies are cool, I've never seen them such good quality at the lfs.

Tropical said:
Sorry, I would get some pictures but I lost my cell. Oops. The fish look nice, are you going to add some more corys? The guppies are cool, I've never seen them such good quality at the lfs.

yea more corrys my guppys all just dropped dead....can they not handle aquarium salt?

Heres a pic I have saved to my computer, you can't really see the colors too well because there is only a handful. Plus, its just a cell phone picture. My female bolivian ram is right in the middle, near the bottom. I also have 4 platy but you can only make out 3 in the picture.

Attachments

• Anubias.jpg
    Anubias.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 64
yea more corrys my guppys all just dropped dead....can they not handle aquarium salt?

You have a 15 gallon tank that you're medicating for ich, which contains salt, and you just dumped somewhere between 4 and 7 fish in all at once. I would say they can't handle those conditions in general - not just the salt.

I'm not really sure :s I got a few guppies a couple of months ago and they dropped like flies too. They are so inbred that they aren't as hardy as they once were.

Dissy said:
You have a 15 gallon tank that you're medicating for ich, which contains salt, and you just dumped somewhere between 4 and 7 fish in all at once. I would say they can't handle those conditions in general - not just the salt.

my ich treatment is done as of wensday but all the guppys but one died i have 2 corys and a silver molly left thar i addes today

my ich treatment is done as of wensday but all the guppys but one died i have 2 corys and a silver molly left thar i addes today

My suggestion would be to stop adding fish to your aquarium until you get it cleaned out and stabilized. Once it's been stabilized for a month, add one fish. Make sure that fish lives for 2 weeks, and add a second fish, and so on. I've never heard of multiple fish dying within an hour or so of purchase, so something definitely isn't right.

Dissy said:
My suggestion would be to stop adding fish to your aquarium until you get it cleaned out and stabilized. Once it's been stabilized for a month, add one fish. Make sure that fish lives for 2 weeks, and add a second fish, and so on. I've never heard of multiple fish dying within an hour or so of purchase, so something definitely isn't right.

its 17 dollars worth though and its only good for 14days after purchase im nt lettin that money get wasted though i mean i have both corrys and the molly are fine but im 5 outta 6 guppys gone is it possible that i just got crap for stock?

Just ask them to refund your $ instead of replacing the fish. Finish the ich treatment first, then go back and try again.

No, they do that. I did it with a few cories that died on me. Decided to finish cycling first.

Homedog98 said:
No, they do that. I did it with a few cories that died on me. Decided to finish cycling first.

ok good i honestly dnt get it 1 guppys silver Molly and the 2 albino cories made it but 5 guppys didn't i acclimated them all the same and intoduced themm all the sameni dont get what happnd

Probably just got a bad batch with a fighter in it. Refund, finish treatment, and wait a week, or finish treatment and try a different place. Either way will help you to get a better batch. But this time... You can go with 4 at a time!;)

lol sadly ii have to deal with them the only other place is piss-poor quality some tanks dont even have filters there other than a bit of algae my petsmart is golden ( suprizing iknow)

Back
Top Bottom