New adventure "Hallelujah Mountains" [13g]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks guys ;) Made some changes... White sand replaced with beige one, and fixed right side a little bit:

7abcd.jpg

Better?

Best !!

OK I am curious , any idea of how long it has taken you to get it to this point? You obviously have a great deal of patience not to mention some hidden talent.

You mean how long i am in aquascaping? Well, almost 10 years now. If you asking about this scape, i am building it a few days (every day a little bit). Maybe 2 working hours total. ;)

Same. I am waiting to collect all needed plants, and then i will start planting. As currently in Croatia are very hot i will postpone it for a week or two.

Planting - 3D painting

Needed stuff:

image.jpg

Fissidens (about 30ml) and water (about 100ml) blended with blender:

image.jpg

As i need less mixture i filtrated it over coffee filter bag:

image.jpg

image.jpg

In blended Fissidens i put 30ml of RO water and one tsp of Acidofil - Acidofil is yoghurt with Lactobacillus acidophilus bacteria whic is good to prevent fungus:

image.jpg

With that mixture i paint stones on desired spots:

image.jpg

image.jpg

And when i finished i cover the tank with transparent foil

image.jpg

Now i have to wait a new growth to appear, and for a 2-3 weeks iam planning to flood it.
Also i am planning to spray it with RO water at least once a day.

Very cool with the moss/yogurt idea. I've seen the technic used before as a "green graffiti" type thing. Interested in how well it works out. Have you seen this done before in an aquarium setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Awesome! Can't wait to see how it grows in. I've seen Mythbusters do an experiment with this (to see if a rolling stone really can gather moss they painted a stone with moss like this and tried to get it to grow. Spoiler alert: It didn't) but I've never seen it used in aquaria.

Very cool with the moss/yogurt idea. I've seen the technic used before as a "green graffiti" type thing. Interested in how well it works out. Have you seen this done before in an aquarium setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't. I saw this technic "moss graffiti" on youtube and thought it can work in aquarium. Time will tell. :)

I didn't. I saw this technic "moss graffiti" on youtube and thought it can work in aquarium. Time will tell. :)

Yes that is what I was referring to. I truly hope it works, because it's a wonderful idea. The moss graffiti works great. Hope it works well in a tank too

Jesse

Flooded! Earlier than expected, but no harm. 99,9% of Fissidens stayed on the rocks. There was some fat from the yoghurt on the surface, but easly removed with paper towels. I am not planning to run filter yet, as i don't know if the Fissidens ancored by their rhizoides. When i notice a new growth then i will turn on the filter. CO2 running normaly.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't like the empty space on the left background so i decide to put stones there. As i don't have so oblong pieces i have glued barbecue sticks on the stones and stick them to the substrate. Sticks wont be visible as there goes Rotala, only peaks will be visible.
icon_wink.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

Still early to say - no new growth. But good thing is that it is still sticked on the rocks. Fissidens is a slow grower...

Back
Top Bottom