New and need help ASAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OliviaR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everybody!

I’m new to this site and I’m hoping that someone has some advice on keeping baby bamboo shrimp alive! I have a female who’s eggs are close to hatching (she is around 20 days I believe) and so far I haven’t seen any useful information on how to keep the babies alive after they’ve hatched.

We have a 40 Litre tank where the babies will grow up in. So far we’re not entirely sure how to make brackish water, what salt to use, if we need a machine to measure the salt water, what food they need (any baby shrimp food powder?) what temperature to keep them at, at what stages etc.

At the moment we have two bamboo shrimp and one goby in the 40 Litre tank. Once the eggs have hatched, we plan on moving these three into a new 100 Litre tank we just got. What is the best way to convert freshwater into brackish water? Is this safe to do while the babies are in the 40 Litre tank? Or will it be better to move the shrimp into the big tank, allow the eggs to hatch and then move the larvae into the new brackish water in the small tank? (I’m worried about distressing the female by moving her into a big new tank while she’s pregnant).

Any advice at all is welcome and will be appreciated! Please help if you can. I know it’s very hard to do but we want to try our best to keep them alive! Thank you so much in advance. ☺️?

Back
Top Bottom