new animal planet show = tanked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wholesalers aren't that great. They go through a lot of fish, inevitably with a lot of DOAs both coming in and being sent out. It is great at times (like turning down an aisle and seeing a tank of nice goldfish) but overall it is not fun trying to find a place to get fish from.

I don't know if it was at the wholesaler or their facility but the show showed an angel with severe HLLE on its face.

Honestly it is hard to make this job look glamorous at all. It isn't. Most clients are not like the ones they have shown on the show (if they are even all genuine clients). Most are cheap, want everything for nothing, and do not appreciate what you do.

Saltwater fish get very expensive very fast. We regularly have to sift through very expensive fish to bring in ones that customers and clients will still buy after markup. We could easily blow hundreds of dollars on individual fish. Even our cost is high. Then you have to ship them, mark them up enough to cover maintenance, DOAs, etc., hope they live for the client. It isn't fun 90% of the time.

The ship, the Maggie B, from a childrens story written by his Grandma. Then brought to life for the little 3 year old boy is by far my favorite show. Watching the little boy climb onto his bed, and put his hand over is mouth in awe while looking up into the special porthole was priceless.
It would be great to see more shows where they do things like that for children with special needs. An Aquarium can do wonders for their health & well being.

And even though I find the cast annoying most of the time. I was impressed by Brett"s dedication to finding out what Feng Shui is and how to apply it to a tank, at a customers request. Even though he did take the Feng Shuiing of the office way to far with his fellow cast members, at least he showed that they do their homework.

"Tanked" still is better than "Hillbilly Handfishin"

I loved the little boy's "Boat" tank!
it's like sleeping on the ocean...
Hands down, the BEST aquarium they have created! and personally one of the best aquarium designs I have ever seen.

And LOL @ the Feng Shui !!
I thought I was the only person that researched this when setting up an aquarium.

mfdrookie516 said:
Not me... I love that show!

Your upsetting the balance rook lol joke it's not that bad both shows are great I liked that Brett showed real emotion for the sick child proof it's not just a clown collage

Back
Top Bottom