New Aquarium Set Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i would just like to add that heat will actually be good for bacteria.. bacteria thrive in warmth... why do you think they keep hospitals so cold? its to inhibit bacterial growth.. especially in the OR.

Clselby said:
will this hurt my fish doing this since they have been stressing for 10 days?

no, it will be good to change the water to lower the ammonia that is burning them.

Do not ever add AmmoLock or simliar products. You are cycling and all this will do is mess up the cycle. Even after it is cycled don't use it. It's best to find the problem instead of masking it with a chemical. In your situation, the problem is that it isn't cycled. Keep up with the water changes.

ok my fish were starting to get ich, so i got the treatment stuff, and they told me to take the carbon out of my filter, so i did. Well it has been 3 days and i see no more ich, but my water is ver ver cloudy? Is the dangerous to my fish? When should I put the carbon back in>? and is this why it is so cloudy?

I agree with GM. Most ich treatments will wipe out your bacterial colornies. That's why we don't recommend using them. Some are safe to use but a majority are not. The cloudiness is not dangerous. Chances are its a bacterial bloom. What med did you use?

There is a salt treatment for ich, but if you have live plants... either you would need to take them out or something because as high dosage as the salt it it would kill them (Pretty high dosage, doesnt hurt the fish but it does get rid of the ich)

I used ich cure. When can i put the carbon back in my filter? it have been like 4 days, and i have not saw any spots for like 3

Im just saying next time use salt. You wont get the cloudy water that you get, and its a natural fix instead of using chemical.

It has been 4 days in the ich treatment, when will it be safe for me to put back in the carbon>? Can someone please reply fast, because im going to town soon and i want to get it if i need it soon>?

will the ich come back, i dont see it on any of them and i havent in like 2 or 3 days

Ok i just tested my water and the ammonia is at 4.0< seems very high but the fish seem the same? What do i need to do ?I put the carbon back in today after 4 days of ich treatment. My water is very clody but claring up.

If your ammonia is at 4 you need to change a lot of water. I would retest first, your fish would be in very bad shape if the reading is true.

Back
Top Bottom