New baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
So today I was transferring my fish to a 30 gallon from a 10 and I found a baby!!
I'll post photos of it . It has to either be a guppy or a platypus all I know is that it's female. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks .

Samzter said:
So today I was transferring my fish to a 30 gallon from a 10 and I found a baby!!
I'll post photos of it . It has to either be a guppy or a platypus all I know is that it's female. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks .

Platy
It looks female but they often change gender while they grow up
Thats what happened to me

Great! Thanks for replying so quickly . I've checked for more but I couldn't find any so it's got a 10 gallon to itself!

Also if you do a water change you may find a lot more
I found two and thought the rest were gone
Water change later and now have 5 fry that have had a growth spurt from living in the main tank for a while but a little skinny
Hopefully youll find more!

Just noticed another tiny one ! ATM I can only tell that there's two and I think they from different batches because one is about 1-2 cm and the other is 3mm

Can you say how old it looks and is it big enough to go in the main tank with a mouth as big as a DG

Back
Top Bottom