New Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What if you made a divider with two sheets of craft mesh with moss sandwiched in between so the Bettas wouldn't see each other so much? I think that would be cool!

Ugh! I had a hard time walking away from this blue betta I saw today. We'll see if I don't go back to look at it again this weekend! If its still there, is it meant to be?? Lol ;)

Def have that! Got another betta today! Going to post pics in my album soon. He's one for now though... :)

image-2136177094.jpg

What everyone said on here is definitely true, Bettas are a gateway fish and having one as a community fish is soley based on the individual. Case in point, I have 10 bettas and I just added 6 neon tetras to my 10gal I just configured to hold 3 of em, my red veil tail, Tina(long story), chased, nipped and killed 1 and scared another so much when I was trying to break up the ruckus he jumped outta the tank. I then moved the rest over to Ike and Flo's side and them two get along well with the neons. It does depend on the fish, cause Tina didn't like the company.

I think a Betta in a community has a much better chance of working in a larger tank, 30 or more gallons.

I definitely agree with the comment about Bettas also having their own, personalities if you will!
The red veil tail is very calm doesn't seen to be bothered by anything.
The blue crown tail is more active and aggressive for sure!
It's really neat just watching them! <3

Back
Top Bottom