New Black lionfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MichaelsLilGray

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally got my lionfish... normally cost 100 bucks.. got it for 50.. just came in off the truck lol. Enjoy!

(its going to a 55g in about 2 months.. when it cycles..and i get my RO/DI stuff in...)

img_959117_0_42cabb6bbafd8e4494202af6108c96ac.jpg

img_959117_1_a628eae27d77cae515e855c25ac58c8d.jpg

img_959117_2_ba9165b8cb1831a1ae44498de1e5b589.jpg

img_959117_3_1aa203e97d5461f968d712b2c5ae4288.jpg

img_959117_4_cc8093a60de17dc2f39b573ee0355360.jpg

img_959117_5_37aaed10f9749ae09a2354192c7f9a5e.jpg

img_959117_6_31cd4b2dae32db4c3d5d75873f87dda6.jpg

img_959117_7_3814de3e43079b71bbe19e55ec4c959a.jpg

im in love.. roflmao.. my sister said its ugly.. after i told her her puffers are ugly ROFLMAO Its a face only a parent can love xD

That.. and the most expensive fish ive ever bought 0_0

Personally I am in loove w/lionfishies....but still have way too many questions to (as of yet)take the plunge and go buy one:
How often...and "WHAT" do ya feed these guys that will keep them from munching-out on everybody else in the tank ??
I'd imagion that IF I purchased a smaller one...so small that it'd be hard to eat the clownfish and damsels and goby...that all would be well(???)for the moment..(??)..but what about as he gets bigger???

I saw one of these a few weeks ago, made me wish I had a large enough tank. One day. They are really beautiful fish.

Personally I am in loove w/lionfishies....but still have way too many questions to (as of yet)take the plunge and go buy one:
How often...and "WHAT" do ya feed these guys that will keep them from munching-out on everybody else in the tank ??
I'd imagion that IF I purchased a smaller one...so small that it'd be hard to eat the clownfish and damsels and goby...that all would be well(???)for the moment..(??)..but what about as he gets bigger???

he ate a couple of my damsals.. left me one.. and a clarkii.. he ate that too.. lol but he left my black percula, lawnmower blenny...

i hand feed him raw uncleaned shrimp and silversides for now.. going to add muscles to his diet soon =D

beautiful fish, im thinking of getting a dwarf zebra lion, but havent taken the plunge yet, i was told by my LFS dont put fish in the tank with a lion if the fish could fit in its mouth, thats the rule ill probly go by

that is the general idea for a lion fish. aggressive fish with aggressive fish are typically in mind. A lot say if they age together in the tank they will not be as aggressive toward each other. However dont hold that to work.

ill hold that to work... my tiger oscar is 13" long... has been in a tank with loaches since he was brought home at 3" long.. the loach is smaller than the feeder fish i feed the oscar.. but he pays no attention to him.. the lionfish leaves the remainin damsal and the black percula alone.. and doesnt pay them any attention.

I am sooooooooo in love w/these guys !! Really.really want one for my 100gal display...."BUT" not so much so as to have him eating everybody who got here first.
I''ve recently heard something about..."if other fish are smaller than his mouth-they'll be okay" sorta thing.(??)
If this is true....how long would such a situation last...being as how everybody'd be growing up together??
My particular LFS has some little lions for sale...fairly cheap....who's little bitty mouths could not swallow my chromis/damsels etc who are already home.The temptation is enormus!!
One more Q : if well fed...would they basically wait for the OFFERED meals...this being a good PREVENTITIVE MEASURE onna daily basis...to insure a co-exsistance of a wide VARIETY of spiecies.(M-38(Mike) I'd especially like to hear from YOU on this one) Thankx folks!!

Back
Top Bottom