New finnex planted plus !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new little buddies...they seem to be a m/f pair, should be easier to tell once they color up a bit..

image-1067443744.jpg

image-3944114553.jpg

Been a while.. check out the growth.. it's officially jungle status and I will be tearing it down tomorrow for a substrate change and proper scape... ideas are welcome.. i will be using all the plants except the java moss, anubias, and crypt..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

picture, sorry

Attachments

• 1404247696119.jpg
    1404247696119.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 114
I have a fluorite and pool filter sand mix from my old 29, I'm going cap that with clean pfs and call it a tank, plenty of mebbid tabs on there as well..

How high from substrate are you?
What's your fert dosing?

How long is your.photoperiod?

What's the red plant?

Do you run co2 or excel?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a fluorite and pool filter sand mix from my old 29, I'm going cap that with clean pfs and call it a tank, plenty of mebbid tabs on there as well..

What about the petco black sand you have in your other tank. Personally I think that looks cool. I think the darker substrates make the plants stand out more, finished with a black background...everything pops.

Cool! I would buy some of the trimmings from you if you still have some available. I will be getting back from a trip on the 15th.

Tanks looks great. I got the same light in for my 20T today!

What is the reddish/pinkish plant in the middle? Might have to get some of that, if it gets the light it needs with a Planted Plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What is the reddish/pinkish plant in the middle? Might have to get some of that, if it gets the light it needs with a Planted Plus.

I believe it is rotala rotundifolia or maybe colorata. Probably option 1.

How high from substrate are you?
What's your fert dosing?

How long is your.photoperiod?

What's the red plant?

Do you run co2 or excel?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Substrate is a measly 1" in a 16" tank, dosing full line of seachem, photoperiod is 3 on 4 off 5 on, red plant is ar cardinales (petsmart tissue culture) I dose a crap ton of metricide.

What about the petco black sand you have in your other tank. Personally I think that looks cool. I think the darker substrates make the plants stand out more, finished with a black background...everything pops.

I like having a different look to each tank, i may do a river feature with the black sand though..

Sorry brookster is this the setup with the diy co2 or is it another? I lose track of the number of tanks you have lol

Its really taken off though and the moss is everywhere! I can see what you mean now about this

The 30b has the diy co2, this 20t is glut only.. yah the moss has become a plague..it must go!

No thanks, I'm shooting for a lower maintenance setup;)

Ok, time for an update here, this tank is in horrible shape atm, algae and java moss have claimed the scape and it's driving me nuts.. kill it with fire you say?! Nah just drain it and start over. I'm going to propagate all the plants, ax the narrow leaf and add Dhg and cardinals. . Heh sk3lly, that makes 2 ;) oh yah and I'll be drilling a hole in the wall for this stuff! High tech kitchen tank here I come!

Attachments

• 1408023762735.jpg
    1408023762735.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom