New fish for empty tank! :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolchinchilla

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I did it! I did it! I did it! 8) I finally found some fish for my tank! It's been empty and cycled for more than a month. I kept hesitating to buy fish because of the expense. Well I got a gift certificate to the pet store for Christmas and the fish I wanted were 50% off! Yahooooo!

I bought 6 glolite zebra danios -- the ones that are "red" like goldfish. When I released them into the tank they all hung out in a little school in the middle. Then they managed to slowly school over to one side of the tank then the other. Eventually one got bold and struck out on its own. I'd fogotten how much fun it is to have fish! I've been staring at an empty tank for too long. :?

I plan to get some corys or otos eventually, plus some MTS for the sand substrate. I want to plant it too -- oh yeah, it's a 15 gallon.

i know the feeling of staring at an empty tank for to long lol it gets old, mines only a 10 gallon right now, little cramped for space, but the fish will have to deal with that rfor right now lol

i was dumb when i started my tank, and literally didnt let it cycle at all... but it was my first time keeping fish.

ive become wiser since then lol and i like to hear that you let ur water cycle. and it is hard as hell to tear urself away from the front of ur fish tank sometimes. i have a chair sitting in front of mine

sounds good :) when do we get pics :D

and it is hard as hell to tear urself away from the front of ur fish tank sometimes. i have a chair sitting in front of mine

lol, gotto have good quality one on one time with the fish. our laptop and dining table is directly infront of the 100gal, so makes for easy on the eyes at dinner/forum time..:D:D

Much better than watching TV.

My 75 is in the living room close to the TV ever since we install it there we have no arguments about what to watch in TV. I always say "whatever you want, dear". If I don't like it, I just watch the tank! :lol:

DeFeKt said:
sounds good :) when do we get pics :D

and it is hard as hell to tear urself away from the front of ur fish tank sometimes. i have a chair sitting in front of mine

lol, gotto have good quality one on one time with the fish. our laptop and dining table is directly infront of the 100gal, so makes for easy on the eyes at dinner/forum time..:D:D

haha im a college kid, i dont believe ion dinner tables... so i have a tv tray i eat on in front of my fish tank. i mean ppl always say there isnt anything good on TV. so why not be entertained by my little swimmin buddies

rippin17 said:
haha im a college kid, i dont believe ion dinner tables... so i have a tv tray i eat on in front of my fish tank. i mean ppl always say there isnt anything good on TV. so why not be entertained by my little swimmin buddies

I like that idea... Very true... (y)

Thanks for all the well-wishes here. Didn't expect responses... :)

My glofish are still doing well. They haven't figured out about feeding time yet. It takes a looooooooong time before one will notice the food and finally the bunch gets it. I want to get a black light and then take pics of ''em.

Back
Top Bottom