NEW FISh is SICK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dayna

Aquarium Advice Regular
just bought a new fish today and he's dieing on me. i cant remember the name of the fish, he's pink with a purple square in the middle.

i heard he doesnt take shock well, but does it kill them?

i did eveything rite,

water is fine cept i cant test the nitrate i'm outta stuff for it.

what do i do?

i dont think i have enough salt to make up another tank for him.

Did you acclimate the fish properly? Can you describe the symptoms it seems to be experiencing?

Actual numbers for water specs and a little more info on your tank would also be useful.

Sounds like you need to get a nitrate test kit now. Is this the only fish? How old is the tank. Cycled already I presume?

Also, you might wanna put this sick fish episode in the memory bank. Then imagine a tank full of fish - -adding another sick fish and wiping out all of'm. Here I go again about the value maintaining a quarantine tank and using it properly.

Gosh, I hope this doesn't sound like a lecture, but patience is our friend.
Good luck.

Don't throw him out yet. We bought a humu trigger a few weeks ago and nearly threw him out because we thought he was dying. Not so. He just took a little longer to acclimate. He also sleeps laying down on his side at night. Very strange.

well it died that nite.

at the same time we bought him we bought a colt coral.. it was doing great. but now woke up this mornign and its all shriveled up and shrunken.

went out got a nitrate test kit and what do u know, bam , major spike. how could that be?

Sorry for your loss. I would do a major water change to get that nitrate down.
You may want to consider qt for future fish. Just in case....

here are some pics.... sorry if they are so big

what the colt looks like as of now...

colt.jpg

colt2.jpg

colt3.jpg

and here is a shot of the tank with the water change... say about 45%

tank.jpg

sounds like the fish you got was a wreckfish. yeah its always important to know ALL of the parameters of the tank. Everyone learns from their mistakes. lol. sorry for your loss.

P-MAN

Back
Top Bottom