New fish tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EASH257

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys,
I just started a tank on March 27, everything is fine, but I just have a few questions. My red dwarf gourami likes to hang around and hide in the artificial plants :fish2: Is that normal, also the plant is almost the same color as the gourami is, I have read that it is because of a huge ph change or bad water, but Ive been changing my water every week. Also, I have a powder blue gourami, but he swims around and does not rest. Is this normal and what is happening. Next, my pictus catfish lost its barb on its right fin at petshop, I was to busy looking for food, so I trusted the petshop people to put the catfish in the bag. When I got home I realized the barb on the right fin was gone, will It grow back? I used a cup to put him in, but Petshop used a net, I think he got stuck in the net and then the yanked him out so as a result the barb is gone. Also, my pictus lost about 3 cm off of his whisker, but I believe it is because I have gravel, he is always actively swimming around the tank, Is there a product I can get which is like a mini sand bed so the pictus has a nice resting place? Also, will the whisker grow back? I do not have rough gravel I have regular blue Top-fin Gravel.

75 gallon tank, water tested and quality fine
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP :fish2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom