New fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Pleco is the only other fish in the tank the FH will likely target it. With a little aquascaping and dither fish the FH probably will ignore the Pleco. I keep a gold nugget and royal Pleco in my display tank with Festae, RT, RIvulatus, GT, a Red Texas cichlid (FH x green
Texas) with no problems. The tank is hardscaped and I use Malawi cichlids as dithers. Nice looking FH.

I actually moved my eels, electric blue and tiger
Oscar in with him.. he established dominance quick but they all
Seem
To get along... I do feed him separately though

I found this powder to mix in with there food... power pink plus.. I got him some chicken hearts and diced them up and missed the powder in and fed him.. it really seems to be making his colors pop and it's good for Kok growth.. think I paid $10 for it and
Shipping on amazon
I would love to order it online but the law is very strict here and it does not allow imports of fish products or fish food

If the Pleco is the only other fish in the tank the FH will likely target it. With a little aquascaping and dither fish the FH probably will ignore the Pleco. I keep a gold nugget and royal Pleco in my display tank with Festae, RT, RIvulatus, GT, a Red Texas cichlid (FH x green
Texas) with no problems. The tank is hardscaped and I use Malawi cichlids as dithers. Nice looking FH.
Nice community tank

I actually moved my eels, electric blue and tiger
Oscar in with him.. he established dominance quick but they all
Seem
To get along... I do feed him separately though
Fh can get along many types of other fish as long as they have space

Fh can get along many types of other fish as long as they have space

I totally agree... I bought my FH in a pet store in manhattan. He'd been their for a long time and had plenty of tank mates. I tired to get a pic just now of all the fish out swimming together.... including the tire tracks. I think the key is a nice size tank and not overstocking

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom