New fluval chi :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ive been meaning to get my little betta a decent home so today I got the fluval chi 19lt (5g). He seems a lot happier now. It's just him and 2 golden mystery snails.
I was thinking of adding a few pygmy cories but not sure yet

Convict2161 said:
Looks good, can you get more pics?

Thanks it's just the start I'm not finished by far :) yeah I can my phones really bad photos so I'll use my mums so much better

I like the chi, I had one a while back before I knew anything about fish keeping and the LPS told me 3 gold fish would be fine in there and one was a fancy gold fish.

Need less to say they all died the same time. Woke up and they were all at the bottom

oh dear these things happen i made heaps of beginers mistakes and alot from taking the lps advice. Im very happy with it i think its gorgeous and i wanted something decorative for my room so it was perfect

_skyla_ said:
oh dear these things happen i made heaps of beginers mistakes and alot from taking the lps advice. Im very happy with it i think its gorgeous and i wanted something decorative for my room so it was perfect

That's why I liked about mine. It looked really nice in the living room

Do u still have it? I just hope my betta doesnt decide to try and jump out like he did in the smaller bowl while waiting for his proper home. Lucky i found him in time the other day. Do u think pygmy cories would be good for the bottom ? But then again they wont really stand out against the black gravel hmm

added bamboo to the top pebble box. will it be fine in there? oh and i wanted to drape a type of vine/creeper plant from the box also and down the outside of the tank?

ForumRunner_20121004_101651.jpg

Any semi aquatic plant suggestions? Im also planning to change the gravel to a natural redish brown aquasoil or something. I think it would make the plant box and betta stand out more.

when the tank has cycled i was wanting to put in 4 pygmy corys would they be ok in the fluval chi 5 gallon?
I know theres always the risk of my betta not tolerating them which in that case ill put them in my sons tank with the panda cories and other community fish. Im going to order the lid for it aswell im glad to find out fluval makes one to fit.

so ive just been to the fish shop and got natural gravel,rocks and driftwood to finally redo my chi the way i want it :D ill post pics when its put together

_skyla_ said:
with plants

Really nice skyla your betta will love it! Like your deco I'm still swapping mine about lol still haven't got it the way I want it!

thankyou :) the waters a little foggy still but when it clears up ill put another pic up of the end result. Im sure to add things and change them around but for now im really happy with it. Yeah i was wondering how yours was coming along, post a pic up of what its like atm :) oh and planning on adding some cherry shrimp lets hope my betta behaves himself!

_skyla_ said:
thankyou :) the waters a little foggy still but when it clears up ill put another pic up of the end result. Im sure to add things and change them around but for now im really happy with it. Yeah i was wondering how yours was coming along, post a pic up of what its like atm :) oh and planning on adding some cherry shrimp lets hope my betta behaves himself!

Can't wait too see what its like! I,ll post mine in the morning so you can see. I,ve got amanos coming in the morning for my big tank wasn't sure if my betta would leave them alone lol cherries are nice hopefully yours will leave them :)

hehe your just going to bed and im just waking up. oh how cool i love shrimp i wish i could fet amanos but they dont allow them in australia as far as i know it would be great if i were wrong tho.

Oh I ordered the chi cover and 2 different backgrounds to choose from so can't wait for them to arrive in the mail and I can add the finishing touches. I also want to get a rock cave and built it underneath the cliff raised ledge I made.So it will still be like that but it would be a cave and give extra room and hiding space for the shrimp when I do add them. Still waiting to take pics the waters cloudy still.

Back
Top Bottom