New here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dosed back up to 4ppm - will test in 24 hrs to see what is what!

NitrItes look like they are on about 1ppm today.

Personally I thought it was nearer to being 1.. hard to tell in my light never mind in a photo from my phone!!

No PWC at this stage .. not the time right now but if people feel it would be useful to do then I can later - or wait until tomorrow see what I'm reading

MattJ said:
Personally I thought it was nearer to being 1.. hard to tell in my light never mind in a photo from my phone!!

No PWC at this stage .. not the time right now but if people feel it would be useful to do then I can later - or wait until tomorrow see what I'm reading

I think it's 5. U should do a huge water change incase u get a stall

Guess it can't do any harm anyway! Try get a more easy to read colour!

Right, thats's a water change done!

Lets see what readings are in half hour or so!

Better

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110528_113211.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110528_113211.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 61
Lets hope that in 24 hours time we are saying the same thing!!!

With my cycle being near complete, I want to nail down the stocking side of things so I am ready to rock and roll when finished!

Stocking idea so far:

6 x Danios
6 x Neon Tetras
Some Corydoras
Maybe some shrip? (Or would you just get shrimp over the corys?)

and possibly

1 x "feature fish"

---

Does that sound OK?

If I went for Corys, how many?

Are there any particular type of danio that will go better with the neons than others?

And what about a feature fish? Is that a realistic option? If so, any suggestions?

30 x 12 x 12 inches.. 70ish litres.. nit at pc so can't work out exact our convert to gallons!

Ammonua.. 0 - 0.25... Okayyy very faint hint of green

NitrIte - 1 still

NitrAte - between 0 and 5

So I've redossed ammo slightly as I'm going out and don't want to starve anything!

Not done PWC but tempted to to get nitrites down?

I may retest in 12 hrs.. See where we are .. Or if anyone has any other suggestions I'll pick then up in a few hrs

After nearly 24 hours reading today are:

Ammonia : 0 - 0.25
NitrIte : 1
NitrAte : 40 - First time these have shown

MattJ said:
Fingers crossed I'm near the end?

Once no3 starts showing up...it happens fairly fast. You'll see the nitrItes begin to climb rapidly as the ammonia is converted faster and faster. It will jump to off the scale reading quite fast, and when the numbers are out of control high, that's when we'll knock out another pwc. When the values begin climbing rapidly, keep an eagle eye on the pH and if you begin to see any drops...it's time to knock out another pwc to restore the buffers and prevent any pH crashes towards the end of the cycle.

Brilliant .. I'll test again tomorrow and see what is what!

In the mean time, any suggestions re my stocking idea?

MattJ said:
Brilliant .. I'll test again tomorrow and see what is what!

In the mean time, any suggestions re my stocking idea?

Sorry, to save my eyes some reading...can you repost how many gallons your tank is?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom