new member in maryland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cargod. I'm still trying to get over there. If you've been is it still worth going ?

I went there. Not much left but still some choices. I think they will close nxt wk. My stand was sold

I bought a pair of honey gouramis. Ur right cichlids r there. Some day I'd like to try a Malawi tank.

I may go back tomorrow. The place was in too much dissarray to go with family. I hope they start slashing the hardware soon too

went back to exotics again. they will probably close at the end of this week. all the staff is depressed. it's quite sad. they also seem a bit annoyed every time I ask questions.

I bought more fish, my 10 gallon is officially bursting at the seams. I have a 29 gallon which I need to get setup, but I don't really have a stand yet. I think i'll keep it on the floor half full just to get it cycled until wife and I can decide on what we want.

i bought 5 panda cory's, an otto, some anacharis

if i make it back i hope they'll start sellng off the frozen foods and test kits at low prices. of course, i'll probably buy more fish. at least 2 more otto's.

anyone have a 29 gallon stand for sale?

ugh, i think i got a chinese algae eater instead of an otto. it is eating a ton of algae though. i'll have to keep an eye on it, i hear they can attack other fish when they get bigger. bummer, i wanted on otto. the tank just said "algae eaters"

Yea I didnt think they had anymore Otos last time we were there. We've been trying to find them there, and Toms. Both havent had any for a long time> My one tank is getting back with brown algae!

I'll have to get the worms.

If youre in the store check out the driftwood with java ferns toward your right in the koi angelfish tank. I bought it!

The algae eater I got from aquatics. Carol from Toms said they r getting ottos this wk

Hello fellow MDers it sucks when good lfs have to close. I've only had the opportunity to go there a couple times(Almost 2 hrs away) but it was a good setup. I usually go to H.O.T. in glen burnie. probably the last lfs with good selection of freshwater around in this state.

I went to afishionados It used to be on Philadelphia road. Apparantly I moved 9 mo ago to new location on kenwood ave near Rosedale library.

Not much selection today But they said come back next weds/thurs when they get more. Prices possibly a buvk or two cheaper than other stores. The place stinks of reptiles:rodents. Would revisit but only if in the area.

I was eyeing a pearl gourami. My other choices were ottos or angelfish . But they didn't have those. Accessory collection narrow but fair prices

FishEggs said:
Hello fellow MDers it sucks when good lfs have to close. I've only had the opportunity to go there a couple times(Almost 2 hrs away) but it was a good setup. I usually go to H.O.T. in glen burnie. probably the last lfs with good selection of freshwater around in this state.

Love house of Tropicals
Never seen a dead fish there, great displays
Healthy fish, too
Great deals
I could go on and on

I need to get to House of Tropicals soon and check it out. Ive always heard good things

Tom's Tropicals blues

so I'm becoming somewhat dissatisfied with Tom's. I want so much to patronize this LFS, but they have a lot of flaws--

i saw another tank with dead fish

they are more $$$ that the megamart pet stores

they don't know anything about plants (even Tom) He sold me Dracena compacta which is actually a terrestrial plant. He also told me a plant was Cardamine, but it doesn't look like it.

the teenager who worked there charged me double. of course, the receipts are not itemized. i will complain and see what they say.

the place stinks

the only plus is they do have some interesting fish and it is local with long hours. some of the older ladies do give some ok fish advice.

Lol. My wife won't either. I thought about writing that too

Of course she's also the first to complain about the fish I get.

Another toms con. Plants come with snails

House of tropics my fav marine store!!! Ever since aquarium center changed management haven't been the same

Back
Top Bottom