The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chalkie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello budding aquarists...My 2 Tanks (will be three), 1 x Hospital (60ltr) and Main Tank (160ltr). Main fish 4 Discus, 4 YoYos,1 Bristlenose, 2 Rainbow Sharks

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Watch the rainbow sharks. They are territorial and can become aggressive when they mature. Normally you keep 1 per tank to stop them killing each other.

Are you planning on getting a bigger tank in the future?
I ask because discus can reach 10 inches in diameter and adult discus need big tanks. The minimum sized tank for a pair of adult discus is 4 foot long x 2 foot wide x 2 foot high. Having more than 2 fish means a bigger tank like a 6x2x2ft.

Do you have many live plants in the tank?
If not, you should add some. Discus do a lot better in planted tanks. The following link has some information on discus that might interest you.

https://m.moam.info/the-discus-fish-symphysodon-scielo_59c411371723ddc7f4532afc.html

Hi Colin

Hello Colin,
yes I'm having a 260ltr soon, this we house my Discus, along with the 4 YoYos, I will seperate the sharks, thanks for the advice they're quite small at the mo, so I do have time. The Single Angel, 4 corys and 4 Red Phantoms (quarantined as new)will be placed in the 160ltr. My tanks do have substrate and live plants the usual Anubias & cryptos, as they're easily manitained. At the moment the solitary Bristlenose is with the Angel and corys....

Back
Top Bottom