New members in the 55 gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like your collection of fish in there, it's a very nice tank.

those fish are AWESOME. i love catfish(and most snakey or catfishy fish)

I know same with me I would much rather have a tank of eels and catfish than one with guppys or mollies

Yeah I am looking for some top water fish because the tank is pretty dull because nothing swims around..

That is one awesome collection in that tank!!! Love it.

You do know that the black ghost knife you have there can get up to 30inches though, right? He'll out grow your tank. :p

I have a BGK with a couple eclipse catfish. Does your knife play with your cats? Mine swims backwards and smacks them in the face with his tail!

The catfish do their best to ignore him. Haha

That is one awesome collection in that tank!!! Love it.

You do know that the black ghost knife you have there can get up to 30inches though, right? He'll out grow your tank. :p

I have a BGK with a couple eclipse catfish. Does your knife play with your cats? Mine swims backwards and smacks them in the face with his tail!

The catfish do their best to ignore him. Haha

I dunno whether to think he is playing with them... or attacking them. lol. Maybe he just can't control his huge bulk ;) .

Cool cool fish, I am gonna get an African Brown knife when I only have big fish in my 55.

I would honestly get a bgk because the African knife never comes out I haven't seen him leave his hide since I got him 3 months ago. And my bgk is out all the time and already eats out of my hand.

I always hand-feed my BGK! He loves beef heart. :) but he tends to prefer to stay in his little wood hollow surrounded by plants. I think the light might bother him. I've been trying to get more top cover for the derp, but the other fish keep eating it. I can't even keep duckweed growing in there!

And depending on the temperament, bgk's are more peaceful than the browns. One of my good friends had one and had to return it since it ran his other fish ragged.

I always hand-feed my BGK! He loves beef heart. :) but he tends to prefer to stay in his little wood hollow surrounded by plants. I think the light might bother him. I've been trying to get more top cover for the derp, but the other fish keep eating it. I can't even keep duckweed growing in there!

And depending on the temperament, bgk's are more peaceful than the browns. One of my good friends had one and had to return it since it ran his other fish ragged.
Thing is, those things need a 125 gallon tank when fully grown. That and the fact that I am thirteen, a 125 gallon isn't really an option.

Thing is, those things need a 125 gallon tank when fully grown. That and the fact that I am thirteen, a 125 gallon isn't really an option.

You mean your parents won't let you flood the house? Lame. :ROFLMAO:

I am much too old to still be living with my parents, but college life is just too expensive. :banghead: So instead of moving out, I cleaned out the garage and put in a 120 gallon tank. Though after checking the dimensions myself, it's actually 125. But what's 5 gallons in the scheme of things?

My BGK Haku looks tiny in there right now, but he will be a lake monster in no time!

I wish I could get a 100+ gall tank but I don't have the room right now.

Well he's only about the size of a half dollar and I plan on moving him whenever he gets big enough to threaten any of the fish.

Back
Top Bottom