New pet store!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't advocate putting a pair of swordtails in a 29 gallon, so putting them in a 20 would be worse. They get much bigger than people think.

Pristella Tetras are schoolers, so they need groups of at least 5.

I still don't like the idea of two rams in a 20 with other fish, for the same reasons as stated earlier.

bud29 said:
I don't advocate putting a pair of swordtails in a 29 gallon, so putting them in a 20 would be worse. They get much bigger than people think.

Pristella Tetras are schoolers, so they need groups of at least 5.

I still don't like the idea of two rams in a 20 with other fish, for the same reasons as stated earlier.

Switch swordtail pair with 1m2fm guppies is it possible?

bud29 said:
Switch the swordtails with 3 gups, up the school of tetras to 6, and take out one ram, and that should work.

Ok and are you sure only one blue ram

Ok and are you sure only one blue ram

I am very sure. As stated before, if you get the same gender they will fight, and if you get different genders they may pair up, and bully the rest of the fish. That is especially bad in a 20g where there isn't much room to evade aggression.

bud29 said:
I am very sure. As stated before, if you get the same gender they will fight, and if you get different genders they may pair up, and bully the rest of the fish. That is especially bad in a 20g where there isn't much room to evade aggression.

Ok but I thought tetras were quick to get away?

Been listening here Loading and let me put this out there.... I have a 220g very heavily planted tank and only have 8 Rams, which means each ram has almost 28 gallons per fish AND I still have to monitor them closely for aggression even in a tank this size. I've also been seriously considering removing 2 of those pairs into other tanks so that each pair has about 100g to call their territory.

Loading. I don't expect you to listen to me(you haven't in the past) but here's what I'd do.
4 Cory catfish
6 tetras or rasboras
1 ram
I'd do that. Then if your levels are great and no aggression issues, you can add the guppies. I have decided against a swordtail in my29 due to bioload, so I wouldn't do one in yours

Loading. I don't expect you to listen to me(you haven't in the past) but here's what I'd do.
4 Cory catfish
6 tetras or rasboras
1 ram
I'd do that. Then if your levels are great and no aggression issues, you can add the guppies. I have decided against a swordtail in my29 due to bioload, so I wouldn't do one in yours

That sounds like a good plan, however rams have sometimes been known to bully corys so just be on the lookout.

4 Cory catfish
6 tetras or rasboras
1 ram

Ill listen....
Red minor tetras?
Panda Cory's?
If all is fine 1m2fm fancy guppies?<is there other choices if these?

I saw this posted in another thread, let's keep all our ideas in one place so they are easier to follow.

I like panda Cory's...
And sorry to deiviate but in my 20g how is
1blue ram
1powder blue gourami
3pristella tetras
3otos
I don't know anything about the gourami except its pretty and 5.99......

As for the plan, you need to add another 3 tetras, and I think you would be OK. However, be warned that dwarf gouramis, due to poor breeding conditions as of late, are very likely to have "dwarf gourami disease," something you really don't want in your tank.

I saw this posted in another thread, let's keep all our ideas in one place so they are easier to follow.

As for the plan, you need to add another 3 tetras, and I think you would be OK. However, be warned that dwarf gouramis, due to poor breeding conditions as of late, are very likely to have "dwarf gourami disease," something you really don't want in your tank.

What is df diesease?

Problably a 20g and nothing I would be completely restarting this after x-mas
Any other ideas?

Would this be a 20 gallon tall (most common) or long? IMO If it was a 20g long you could have two dwarfs in there, or a male/female pair. A 20g tall limits your stock because it has smaller room for the fish to swim horizontally. In a 20 tall I'd just keep one dwarf cichlid.

i know im gonna get yelled at but i got 2 pairs of kribs in a 55 bowfront both have bred and been fine. ive also kept 2 breeding pairs of gbr in a 20 high and have had no problem every fish is different. i would keep a pair of gbr and some tetras and a cory or two in a 20.

Would this be a 20 gallon tall (most common) or long? IMO If it was a 20g long you could have two dwarfs in there, or a male/female pair. A 20g tall limits your stock because it has smaller room for the fish to swim horizontally. In a 20 tall I'd just keep one dwarf cichlid.

20g long
24in long
15+in tall
12in deep

i know im gonna get yelled at but i got 2 pairs of kribs in a 55 bowfront both have bred and been fine. ive also kept 2 breeding pairs of gbr in a 20 high and have had no problem every fish is different. i would keep a pair of gbr and some tetras and a cory or two in a 20.

Is there a difference in blue rams or gbr

Yeah agree. In the 20 tall I'd do 1

The floor space is too small for 2. The 20 gallon long has 72 more square inches of floor space wich woul be doable for 2

Back
Top Bottom