New Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got a new pleco except I'm not sure what kind it is. I was walking through the LFS and decided I would put a pleco into my 46 gallon to clean up the algae. I looked for some pleco's and found a tank full of them, about 3 inches for 2.99. When I looked closer there was this one pleco that stood out from the rest of them, it's pattern was different from the others, it had round spots all over it. The coloring was similar to the others though. I don't have a digital camera so I can't get a picture of it, but think you could ID it from the description? TIA

I love the Sailfin Gibbiceps. Their big sailfin really adds to their cuteness. They do grow to be rather large and if it is indeed a Gibbiceps, you got him/her for a great price! Some lfs also mark them as Marble Sailfin plecos.

geez, just when I thought a 55 gallon tank was large enough you all have to show me such a cool fish! Any idea on how fast they grow? If it is slowly, then I bet the 46 gallon tank Rxblade123 has will be fine for the meantime (and it'd look pretty spiffy in my 55 gallon to!! :mrgreen: )

They grow pretty quickly. I'm sure your familiar with Jchillin's pleco Cliff. He's a gibbs. lol

Oh yes. Bill has good pics of Cliff, not sure how many are in his gallery. Cliff is his pride and joy. :D

Well...

cliff102005003.jpg

justcliff002.jpg

I just couldn't resist. By the way, he's is 6" right now.

Back
Top Bottom