New reef JBJ CF nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I'm embarrassed. After all the messing around I did to the tank,
You may be stressing your fish and tank let things settle Go slow with the changes the water from the LFS May not be all that great sometimes they get to busy to check filters so there RO/DI may be in need

:( Sorry to hear about kitty that's a real bummer

What are you testing your water for? A tip get a weekly pill holder the ones that hold a weeks worth of pill put just enough dry food to feed each day this way you can control how much others feed when you have to be away

Thanks for the condolences. That's a good idea about the pill holder. We will be away on a cruise for 9 days in November. I'll do a better job of acclimating my daughter this time. I just gave the tank a dose of Cyclop-eeze, the first in a week. Flakes or shrimp pellets once a day. See, I'm listening.

another crazy question

i bought a frag of a torch several weeks ago. it is on a frag plug that has a post on it about 1 1/2 inches long. i figured i was supposed to keep it on the plug so i glued the post to a piece of rock. as of today, i have had to move it or reglue it down 4 times because something keeps knocking it over. was i supposed to cut off the post or take it off the plug all together? so far i have been lucky that i haven't damaged it.

ok. thanks. i have some of the putty. i have been using the undewrwater superglue stuff as it looks better and i haven't had real good luck with the putty, but i'll try again.

I bought a Koralia 550 to go with my 240. Has drastically dropped the cyano in the tank. Since I lost my flasher wrasse, and my kitty, I had to cheer up. I brought home a purple fire fish and a small brittle star. The star is beautiful, not your run of the mill black or dark brown. He has a two-toned brown/ivory disk with striped legs. He's about 6 inches across. The fire fish is, of course, beautiful, too. I fed the tank frozen Mysis tonight and the star came out to eat. I watched the fire fish in his cave and he ate, too. Hopefully soon, he'll come out to play.

I know, I know. But we will have to wait for the fire fish to come out so you can see him. I just saw the star in the fire fish's cave. he won't hurt him, will he?

well, the firefish has come out only once that i've seen, last night, three hours after lights out. i can see him in the cave at night with a flashlight but i've been trying to leave him alone. i bought some frozen, peeled shrimp and a garlic press, so i'm going to try to feed them that this afternoon. i have a couple of pieces thawing in the fridge.

AquaTricia said:
well, the firefish has come out only once that i've seen, last night, three hours after lights out. i can see him in the cave at night with a flashlight but i've been trying to leave him alone. i bought some frozen, peeled shrimp and a garlic press, so i'm going to try to feed them that this afternoon. i have a couple of pieces thawing in the fridge.

My zebra barred dartfish took about a month to get completely comfortable in my tank and about 2 months to stop burrowing at night.

Wonderful! Well, if it takes a month, it takes a month. And I have some advise. Don't try to chop thawed shrimp in a garlic press. You end up with mush. In a couple of days I'll try to use frozen shrimp to use in the garlic press. If that doesn't work, it's back to mysis and my husband gets shrimp cocktails.

Don't try frozen shrimp in the garlic press either. my cats wouldn't even eat it. the firefish is out all the time now. gorgeous fish. would recommend them. i had a strange kind of cyano in my tank when i cleaned it today. it was gray and lumpy. but it came out the same way red cyano does. tank is getting beautiful. my big Kenya tree has put out 2 baby trees several inches away from it.

I've got you beat! My one and only is 31, but I'm still kicking, though not so high. The tank is giving me so much joy and enabling me to research so much that there will be no senile dementia for me. I'm constantly reading and teaching my two granddaughters ages 9 and 7. They like fish, too.

brown/gray hair algae

the gray/lumpy stuff has long hairs in it now and i take it out every day but it comes back the next day. i tested the tank last night: ammonia, nitrites, nitrates all 0, phosphates 2.5. can't get better than that. decided my next step is measuring tds. anyone go along with this idea and have a suggestion for a good tds monitor, easy to use and won't break the bank?

Back
Top Bottom