New Saltwater set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
haha pussey coral.. haha just kiddin, hows the tank coming along??

Lol you being rude! Yea tank is coming on well, I am saving up some money to buy a box of corals from work, works out at about £170 for roughly 40 corals.

Added a new fish yesterday it's a saddleback butterfly fish, he is mint!

image-1126616737.jpg

DanS180 said:
Omg he's amazing looking!! Are they reef safe???

They are with caution! On live aquaria it says they may nibble at Polyps and some stoney corals, I have seen him nip my palys coral but he's not constantly doing it.

But he is so cool and looks fantastic alongside the yellow tang. ;-)

Guinness said:
They are with caution! On live aquaria it says they may nibble at Polyps and some stoney corals, I have seen him nip my palys coral but he's not constantly doing it.

But he is so cool and looks fantastic alongside the yellow tang. ;-)

Ohhhh i like him a lot, I may have to adjust my stock list a lil bit Hahaha

DanS180 said:
Ohhhh i like him a lot, I may have to adjust my stock list a lil bit Hahaha

Lol don't blame you, I couldn't decide between a copperband butterfly or a long nose butterfly, I did a google search for different types of butterfly fish and saw the saddle back. Wow I have never seen one in a store before and I have been to a lot of stores lol, for me the copperband and long nose are quite common and I have seen them in every shop I have been too.

Once I saw him I knew I had to get one, I asked my friend that owns the aquatic shop and he got him for me. They reach 9" and as they get bigger they develop blue lines across there sides that look really cool. He has settled in well and is getting on with all the other fish.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Good luck, they are not easy to care for and hard to keep them eating..

Well I will see how I get on but at the moment he is doing well. I like a challenge anyway, this hobby would be a bit boring if it was all easy.

Guinness said:
Well I will see how I get on but at the moment he is doing well. I like a challenge anyway, this hobby would be a bit boring if it was all easy.

+1 agreed lol.. but that's awesome, I was thinking of a copperband as well, hmm who knows, im still aways from stocking my tank so I have time to decide lol

DanS180 said:
+1 agreed lol.. but that's awesome, I was thinking of a copperband as well, hmm who knows, im still aways from stocking my tank so I have time to decide lol

Yea don't get me wrong copperbands are nice it you see them in most aquariums and the saddleback is a bit more special IMO. But hey I'm biased lol.

I might be getting a leopard wrasse too this week i will up load a pic if I get him. I will keep you informed as to how the tank is going too.

Guinness said:
Yea don't get me wrong copperbands are nice it you see them in most aquariums and the saddleback is a bit more special IMO. But hey I'm biased lol.

Nah I hear ya, I always wanna have the most rare tank lol so id like to not always have the most common fish in there lol

Guinness said:

Understandable, just dont get in over your head. If your a beginner i dont think you should be looking for a big challenge anyways.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Understandable, just dont get in over your head. If your a beginner i dont think you should be looking for a big challenge anyways.

I'm a quick learner and do lots of research before I buy. It's not an impulse buy at all I always research what ever it is I have in mind. I have kept tropical fish for a few years I have discus at the moment which are supposed to be hard to keep. I know S/W is totally different but the concept is the same. Keep on top of the maintenance and do regular w/c and learn as you go.

DanS180 said:
Nah I hear ya, I always wanna have the most rare tank lol so id like to not always have the most common fish in there lol

Yea I am exactly the same I like the stuff you don't see that often. Which is why I have gone with some of the fish I have stocked and am going to stock.

Guinness said:
Yea I am exactly the same I like the stuff you don't see that often. Which is why I have gone with some of the fish I have stocked and am going to stock.

Yeah, the only tough part about getting "rare" fish is actually housing them all in one tank, sometimes thats not a possibility haha

Back
Top Bottom