New Saltwater set up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DanS180 said:
Yeah, the only tough part about getting "rare" fish is actually housing them all in one tank, sometimes thats not a possibility haha

Lol get a bigger tank/have lots of tanks lol.

DanS180 said:
Lol if I was rich that wouldn't be a problem!

Lol I know what it would be like to be loaded! Nice house with a massive fish room, fish tank around the hole room one big sofa to sit on that turns 360 degrees nice and slowly. And that's where I would be every spare minute I had lol.

Guinness said:
Lol I know what it would be like to be loaded! Nice house with a massive fish room, fish tank around the hole room one big sofa to sit on that turns 360 degrees nice and slowly. And that's where I would be every spare minute I had lol.

Lmao that'd be unbelievable!!! I already told my gf when we get our house, the basement is gonna be an aquarium man cave hahaha

DanS180 said:
Lmao that'd be unbelievable!!! I already told my gf when we get our house, the basement is gonna be an aquarium man cave hahaha

Lmao that's funny, you will have to have a mini fridge down there for the beer tho.

Love your tank. Great fish selection I'm glad everything has been going smoothly for you. That's awesome your clowns hosted the anemone so quickly.

I told my girlfriend the same thing. I have 4 tanks running right now

A mini fridge stocked of beer is the icing on the cake lol

TommyP said:
Love your tank. Great fish selection I'm glad everything has been going smoothly for you. That's awesome your clowns hosted the anemone so quickly.

I told my girlfriend the same thing. I have 4 tanks running right now

A mini fridge stocked of beer is the icing on the cake lol

Thanks mate, yea really pleased with it.

Ok so I have had a few problems but hopefully solved them now.

1st problem was I lost my lion fish after the anemone stung him quite significantly.I have decided not replace him. :-(

I had to take out my palys coral as the saddleback kept eating it! I'm mean ripping chunks of it, he ate 4 of my crabs, 2 electric blue legged ones and 2 red legged crabs.

After much deliberation I decided he had to go! I have returned him to the store I got him from and replaced him with a copperband butterfly.

I will post pics after he has settled in.
Oh also brought a pink spotted goby.

We will see how it goes. Will keep you posted guys.

Guinness said:
Ok so I have had a few problems but hopefully solved them now.

1st problem was I lost my lion fish after the anemone stung him quite significantly.I have decided not replace him. :-(

I had to take out my palys coral as the saddleback kept eating it! I'm mean ripping chunks of it, he ate 4 of my crabs, 2 electric blue legged ones and 2 red legged crabs.

After much deliberation I decided he had to go! I have returned him to the store I got him from and replaced him with a copperband butterfly.

I will post pics after he has settled in.
Oh also brought a pink spotted goby.

We will see how it goes. Will keep you posted guys.

Wow that's ashame, sorry they didn't work out for ya bud! Better luck with the new fish!!

DanS180 said:
Wow that's ashame, sorry they didn't work out for ya bud! Better luck with the new fish!!

Yea me too, it was a shame to have to take him out he was a really cool looking fish. But if I want corals and crabs then its got to be done. I am totally gutted about the lionfish as he was my favourite fish in the tank. It's put me of a bit tbh so not ruling it out for ever but for now I'm just going to move on.

Hopefully the copperband will be ok. Will let you know how he gets on.

Guinness said:
Yea me too, it was a shame to have to take him out he was a really cool looking fish. But if I want corals and crabs then its got to be done. I am totally gutted about the lionfish as he was my favourite fish in the tank. It's put me of a bit tbh so not ruling it out for ever but for now I'm just going to move on.

Hopefully the copperband will be ok. Will let you know how he gets on.

Sounds good.. was it a dwarf lion or a regular lion?

DanS180 said:
Ahh he looks awesome! And so does your tank :)

Thanks Dan yea he's a nice fish, just hope he don't cause me any trouble lol.

Tank is a still the same as when I set it up, not much has changed I'm a bit short of cash to buy any corals at the moment. But it's getting there. ;-)

Guinness said:
Thanks Dan yea he's a nice fish, just hope he don't cause me any trouble lol.

Tank is a still the same as when I set it up, not much has changed I'm a bit short of cash to buy any corals at the moment. But it's getting there. ;-)

He's a lovely fish so beautiful but he better not cause any trouble. Had enough fishy problems this week. With mine and yours :) hope we can keep him for a while lol.

Puffer18 said:
He's a lovely fish so beautiful but he better not cause any trouble. Had enough fishy problems this week. With mine and yours :) hope we can keep him for a while lol.

Lol yes we have had a few problems and he is a lovely fish fingers crossed he will be fine.

Your tank is ok it just needs rescaping after your nem decides to go and stick itself to the intake pipe of the filter. Dumb *** thing! Lol

Back
Top Bottom