New Snowflake eel wont eat its been almost 2 weeks!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mark The Kidd

Aquarium Advice Regular
All of my parameters are good. The fish store said he ate krill I've tried krill,Shrimp,Squid no luck so far. I've tried feeding using
Tongs wiggling the food in front of him with lights off to make him feel more comfortable but just backs away. I've also had a peppermint shrimp in there before him and the eel won't even tough him?!? I've heard of snowflake eels going on hunger strikes but has this happened to anyone? Or has been through this? Any advice?? Would gladly appreciate it.

um..my snowflake can sometimes hide for over a month that I look everywhere under sofa and desk thought it jump out and died. But after a while it comes back look for food. And that is the time you start training it to take food from your hand. As long as you have vision of it, then you are still in good shape, it only start being issue when you don't see it come out at all.

I feed mines silversides and he loves them have u tried feeding him that?

I feed mines silversides and he loves them have u tried feeding him that?

I haven't tried silversides yet. I buy my frozen fish food at the Asian markets great prices. Haven't seen silversides there where do u buy
yours? online? thanks for the replies guys.

You can try soaking the food in garlic or selcon. Its supposed to make the food more appetizing and strengthens the immune system.

eel is diff from other fish, they pretty much immune to all dieseased such as ich. But soaking in garlic does make the food more apealing, you can also chop up some raw shrimp.

Now he's just laying to the side almost looks like he has no desire to live?? Is this normal? All of my other live stock look happy but him :/ I try feeding him everyday at night with different food. He doesn't look skinny weight looks normal.

My snowflake is currently eating mysis. For several weeks it did not appear that he was eating or even interested. I began throwing in several shrimp and just letting them blow around (he's in a tank by himself). After several weeks he gave in. He first started eating them after they landed in the sand or rockwork and just last week began swimming after his food.

Try feeding silversides. How long have you had him? Some go a couple weeks without eating after reaching a new tank.

How big is he? Mine is between 24-30" and he eats 1/2 raw shrimp. I have always feed him with tongs, and I make him come up for food. He usually will eat 2 shrimp cut in half. I have also bought a seafood mix(frozen) from the grocery store(shrimp,fish,squid,octopus,ect.) He seems to like all of them. He will not eat silversides. Mine eats every other day or so. If he comes out and shows an intrest I feed him. Good Luck!

How big is he? Mine is between 24-30" and he eats 1/2 raw shrimp. I have always feed him with tongs, and I make him come up for food. He usually will eat 2 shrimp cut in half. I have also bought a seafood mix(frozen) from the grocery store(shrimp,fish,squid,octopus,ect.) He seems to like all of them. He will not eat silversides. Mine eats every other day or so. If he comes out and shows an intrest I feed him. Good Luck!

He's about 8inches still looks normal weight. But so far no good he just seems not interested in eating. I try a different food everyday shrimp next day krill next day squid just
Ignores it :/ have had him for two weeks and 2 days now. Checked parameters still normal all he does is hide in a cave he made with a peppermint shrimp lol weird.Hope he eats soon. I'll keep you guys updated.

Did you try the silversides mines is about a foot and a half and loves thm

Back
Top Bottom