New Tank Build: 29 Gallon GSP Adventure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol, same here except mine only partially helps with scaping. And they are her fish too, until maintence is an issue. +1 to her for the scaping then.

haha! I can get my daughter to do PWC and I supervise her/do all the heaving lifting.

My GF didn't actually put her hands in the tank, it was more like, "put it there, no try it over there, humm nope, move it back please lol. But hey, it wasn't the 300lbs couch so who am I to complain :D.

Update on GSP & tank conditions:

First big canister cleaning since adding the GSP and I figured out where the snails went. There were about 100 +/- in my 305 and I saved about 30 or so to drop back into the tank. Plants are doing so-so, some are still growing in the elevated SG (1.004), others are not so happy. The AES & ghosties are doing great in the BW and both are bigger than I ever thought they could grow to. No wonder the puffers are leaving them alone :p.

I'm still seeing some BA in the tank, but the rate of growth seems to have slowed significantly with the addition of the GKM/UV. Today, I'll start the tank on a split photoperiod of 4on/4off/6on and see what that does for the tank and fish over the next 2 weeks.

I'll try to post new pics of Jake & Elwood later, if I can get them to stay still for a micro second lol.

Hey Limpet, I have a question for you, have Jake or Elwood ever darted around the tank real fast after lights out? Almost as if they are trying to jump out of the tank?

Also, Sweet P looks to be breathing alot faster than normal? Any ideas?

BfishLpond78 said:
Hey Limpet, I have a question for you, have Jake or Elwood ever darted around the tank real fast after lights out? Almost as if they are trying to jump out of the tank?

Also, Sweet P looks to be breathing alot faster than normal? Any ideas?

Jake will dart sometimes, but I think it's more an escape reaction than anything. Looking up darting and fast breathing, most everyone says check water parameters as puffers are sensitive to everything because they're scaleless and that includes no3. Oher than that, there's not much else related to some illness and darting/fast breathing. Their bellies are what to keep an eye on, white and rounded means they're happy, gray to black and sunken means there's a problem is what I see most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom