New tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsoyer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, i have finally managed to build and start fishless cycle on my new 80gal tank.
İ am thinking to have african cichlids in it.
Any suggestions or advise is welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Most African Cichlid set ups have either Mbuna, Peacocks or Haps. If you are looking for something different for haps and peacocks, there are lots of nice Lethrinops species. Choose one of Mbasi Creek, Red Cap, Orange Cap, Kande Island; One of the Copadichromis Mloto species; one of the Mylochromis species; One of the smaller mellow Peacock species like Chitande North Yellow Head. Go with juvies and grow them.
I breed Mbasi Creek. They are really nice.
I would also research using drift wood in an African Cichlid tank. This may lower the ph.
Geophagus species would by a good South American substitute if you wanted to keep the drift wood and switch from Africans.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hi thanks for the reply.
İ have already decided about the stock actually, i am gonna go with africans as my tap water is hard and have high ph. This morning i tested the water as 8.2 ph . So i believe i can keep the wood under control may be also adding sodium bicarbonate.
My fav list has İceman, Kadango, yellow princess, dolphin cichlid.

İ was looking for some advice on the design, rocks, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom