New tank transfer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not cool! Bummer about everything going bad bro. Hope it all works out with max. Sorry to hear it.

Thanks, im going to purchase a skimmer. Going with either the cad lights pipeless skimmer or the reef octopus bh 300 dual

Might buy both. Just to see which works better or may run both lol

You can get a nice skimmer for $ 380 and have one pump to power One cup to clean One.... you get the picture

Can i get a return pump that will power a skimmer and my return line?

That DC pump that i linked to earlier should work you'll need to put valves on it so you can adjust the flows. Never restrict the intake just the output.

What about the 5000? Does it have a 1 inch as well?

Im not sure i bought the 10k because it has 6 speeds and can be run as low as 840 gph I run mine wide open hooked to a SWCD on a closed loop It's a good size pump but you cant hear it run Im tempted to buy another as a return on my sump

Will be buying a skimmer first, i managed to get my pump back together. With some good old crazy glue. The pump is only a year and a half. So it should hold up untill after i get my skimmer. Going with the marineland 300.

Just got a coralife 125 super skimmer and its rockin!

I used the 65 for a year and a half it did great. The problems I had with it is that it would for no reason overflow and there is a flow valve on the tube coming off of the pump that would pop off. I did pull out some mud from my tank.

Its essentially the only protein skimmer that is built to fit perfectly snug within my sump, im also still tumbling cheato in the skimmer pump section! Works well! I may plumb a seperate refugium into my stand, or maybe a wall mounted display fuge over the tank

I run a coralife ss125 and it works great. No problems ever and I don't have to constantly adjust it like others I've had.

heres some pics of everything! let me know what you think!

img2805d.jpg

img2804hs.jpg

img2806.JPG

img2807s.jpg

mg2788.JPG

mg2821.jpg

mg2823l.jpg

mg2825m.jpg

Last pic is my future qt. just waiting on a waterchange day to fill er up and use hypo salinity for incoming fish. And my anenome is huge! Almost the span of a basketball now.

That skimmer is running pretty wet, if you have the bubbles adjusted all the way to the top of the neck. I wouldn't set it any wetter than that.

Does the skimmate need to be pushed to thetop of the cup and over? If i dry skim it doesnt push much over the edge if at all, see wherethe top of the green is? Thats the dry skim mark

At the height you have it at, it should be forcing bubbles over. If it's simply stopping at the very top and not coming over, turn it up a little. Skimming wet, the skimmate would look like green water, where as dry would look black.

wet-
images

dry-
Z

Back
Top Bottom