New Tank. Transferring Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You don't have to use old water but it is better because temperature will be the same so fish won't stress much.

But by the time they get the old water into the new tank, it will have had time to reach room temp again. So it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Nice fish man don't worry angelfish are pretty hardy. Also max I was saying to put the gravel because his old filter doesn't have the biological filtrartion and he can't run both.

Might have to cut the filter open to get it, but yes it does. I think? I'm just scared becauseView attachment 214426 I have had this fish for the longest time and I don't want to die from the move.

I would just transfer any filter media possible into the new filter.
On a side note, that is an angelfish- it could grow to be at least 4 inches in height from top to bottom fin. I don't recommend keeping it in a 12 gallon tank. Usually people keep them in 20 gallon high tanks, at the minimum.

Nice fish man don't worry angelfish are pretty hardy. Also max I was saying to put the gravel because his old filter doesn't have the biological filtrartion and he can't run both.

But if it has a sponge or filter floss, that will have beneficial bacteria in it as well. So it likely does have bacterial filtration, but it either isn't intentional or just isn't labelled as such.

Ya. I originally got the angel at petsmart and it said minimum of 10g. Thinking back to it, I don't know what it said it was 10g.

Ya i would not recommend big chain pet stores as they usually have faulty info. You should probably try to find a local fish store aka LFS that has good reviews they usually are a lot better.

Cool indeed check it out and as long as the angel is small it is fine. Just be ready to upgrade later on.

Haha. I'm looking into doing a planted tank for this one. Any suggestions on plants? Totally off topic for this forum but whatever.

Ya. I originally got the angel at petsmart and it said minimum of 10g. Thinking back to it, I don't know what it said it was 10g.

Because Petsmart and Petco are large chain stores, a lot of times they won't give the best advice because they are more concerned for the sale than they are for the fish's well being. With that being said, there are definitely some large chain stores that do give goo advice. Usually locally owned fish stores are better about this, but there are definitely exceptions with them as well. It's best if you research online by asking people in here or finding reliable resources and then make decisions prior to going to the fish store- impulse decisions are usually not the best.

Haha. I'm looking into doing a planted tank for this one. Any suggestions on plants? Totally off topic for this forum but whatever.

I think you have low light with those LEDs that came with the Edge, so plants like anubias, java moss and moss balls would probably do fine.

Yes but he just got this tank so yaaaa lol.

That doesn't matter- low light plants are usually easy to care for and hard to kill. If they have a fish in the tank (bioload to cause nitrates), then the plants should be fine. If they have trouble, they could always try a simple plant additive like Seachem Flourish Comprehensive.

Back
Top Bottom