New Tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Printerhands

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got this new 32g hex tank for Xmas. This will be my 2nd tank. Can't wait to get it setup up here in the next few months. Plan on doing live plants (duh) and doing my first canister filter. Any suggestions on that? Also would like to do a few angels or maybe just a pair. Would this be an alright size for a pair or a few?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387675982.531250.jpg

Also was thinking that I war a canister filter with a UV sterilization and to do an inline heater.

I'd start adding extra filter material to your other tanks filter so you can get this puppy started ASAP lol.

I'd start adding extra filter material to your other tanks filter so you can get this puppy started ASAP lol.

What do you mean by this? And yes I want to get this going ASAP.

If you add filter material to your existing tank, and you let it sit for a week or two, you can put it in the new filter and add new fish immediately, without cycling. You can't add everything at once, but you can add a few fish, wait a week or two, add more etc.

It's not good for any angels. It's just not wide enough it's only 23 inches across not big enough for them. Look into smaller fish such as

Cardinal tetras
Lemon tetras
Harlequin rasbora
Cory cats
Otto cats
Dwarf Gourami
Honey Gourami

Alright thanks. Do you think it would also be to small for an African Butterfly fish?

Back
Top Bottom